cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file rfc file without bpm : time out error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a file to rfc to fle scenario, I get an error in the sender channel sometimes, but the data is posted in the ecc throught the rfc adapter...

I have increased the http time out parameter in the sxmb_admin and also changed time out and proctime out parameters in teh smicm...

anu ideas on how I can tackle this?

Regards,

Teja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may find it useful to enable the RFC trace on the ECC side to analyze the performance of your remote-enabled function module. In the system that is the target of your RFC call, go to st05 transaction, mark "RFC Trace" on the left and unmark all the other options, then click the "Activate Trace with Filter" button on the right and as a filter restriction type the User Name of the technical user used to authorize connections from XI (can be checked in respective RFC destination configuration in sm59 in XI).

When the error occurs again, just go to st05, deactivate the trace and analyze logs to find out what took the system so long. You should be able to find the answer what is the reason for your timeouts.

Regards,

Grzegorz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Normally when there is a problem with RFC (SAP ECC) side then first check the RFC function module.

some time what happens in the function module coding they developer don't use the work area, they directly use the master data base table for validation...........due to huge data in the master tables the time out will occur.

first check the performance how RFC function module is working.

Regards,

Phani

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it because the RFC is taking longer time to execute?

If so you can try to increase the time out in PI to a higher value but also it will be a good idea to understand why the RFC is taking a longer time to execute and try to use the load balancing option in the RFC adapter