cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCS instance install on windows

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are installaing NW2004s installation (XI) on different systems. CI on differnet system DB on different system. Now my question is where to install SCS instance . On CI host or DB host.

SCS is must on Windows environment.

Please sugegst.

Thanks

Lisa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lisa,

As per your post, I understand that you are looking at a distributed Installation - where in the Database Instance & Central Instance are on Seperate Boxed.

But the SCS needs to be installed on the Box where you will install the Central Instance.

Regards,

Premkishan Chourasia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Premkishan,

Your reply is not technically accurate. It is possible to install SCS and CI on separate boxes.

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr. Matt,

I hope that you have not read my reply to the post properly. I have no way mentioned that SCS & CI to be on Separate BOXES at any point of time.

Regards,

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prem,

Yes, I do believe I misunderstood your post. You wrote:

"But the SCS needs to be installed on the Box where you will install the Central Instance."

In my reply, I was trying to clarify that the SCS does not "need" to be installed on the box with the CI: it is technically possible to distribute them to separate boxes.

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have never come across such a Installation where in CI & SCS are on diffrent BOXES.

Please give me the details so that I can update my information.

Regards,

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prem,

This is an available option in 2004s when setting up a distributed system using sapinst. During each phase, sapinst will query for host. Information can be found in the installation guides (see Service Marketplace quicklink /instguides).

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Matt,

Thanks a lot for the providing the inforamtion and correcting my post.

Please do excuse me for posting without referring to update from SAP guides.

Regards,

Premkishan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Normally SCS is installed in the same machine as CI, but it is independent of CI and can be installed anywhere. You have to install it in the machine that have higher availability as it server as main component of SAP system (enque process and message service).

Are you planning to have cluster between CI and DB ?

Do you have separate application server beside CI an DB ?

There will be different approach if you do not have any additional application server.

Regards,

Dedi Hermawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lisa,

Reply posted to your post in Administrator forum.

Best Regards,

Matt