cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Authentication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Consultants,

We have SQL 2005 ECC 6.0 ABAP+JAVA stack in MSCS cluster, where CI is installed in NODE 2 DB and ASCS and SCS inVirtual hosts.

when we are moving the SAP and DB resources from NODE1 to NODE 2 the SQL authentication is getting chaged to Windows Authentication only, where as when the Resources are in NODE1 it is in Mixed authentication mode.

now due to this when i move Cluster resources form NODE1 to NODE1(where CI is there) SQL Authentication mode changes form mixed to Windows Authentication mode due to which JAVA is not working as it need sql authentication mode.

Please suggest how to solve the issue as system is live already, can i move all resources to NODE2 then change sql authentication mode to Mixed mode and take a restart will this correct method.

Thanks,

Balaji.S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

clas_hortien
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

normally this setting is syncronized by the cluster service and should be the same on both nodes.

You can check the setting in the registry:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\<Instance>\MSSQLServer\LoginMode = 1 (NT Auth. only)

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\<Instance>\MSSQLServer\LoginMode = 2 (NT & SQL)

I would recommend the following procedure.

- logon to the active node, where the SQL Server is currently running on

- If the authentication is Windows Only, then change the authentication to Mixed authentication, and then restart or failover the services to the other node

- if the authentication is Mixed already, then change it to Windows Authentication and the back to Mixed authentication, without restarting the services

Then the registry on both nodes should show the same entry (LoginMode=2)

Best regards

Clas