Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Respone message in an synchronous scenario

EdgarTabar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to create a scenario:

third party system (via WebService) <-> SAP PI <-> SAP (ABAP Proxy)

I have a SOAP to Proxy synchronous scenario.

Its an synchronous outbound and an synchronous inbound interface.

It is possible to transfer the response message from the inbound interface to the outbound interface?

The response message is a very elemetary mesage (only a key).

With the message from the third party system I will insert data in the SAP system. The new key I will return to the third party system via the response messages.

Any help please?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As Raj shekar suggest u can do and if ur using SAP Pi7.1 version...then check below document.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70066f78-7794-2c10-2e8c-cb967cef4...

Regards.

Phani

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

very much possible, develop two mappings(request and response).,SOAP and ABAP proxy supports sync calls.

search in sdn. you will find many docs.

EdgarTabar
Participant
0 Kudos

What do you mean with 2 mappings?

One mapping for the request and one for the responese? Is that possible?

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

very much possible..That is how we develop sync scenarios.

search in sdn , there are many documents available on end to end sync scenario approch. apply the same

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

Search in SDN lot of Syn scnario u will find.....below is one example for Synchronous scenario.

http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/XI/Proxy/SS.htm

Regards,

Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Surely you will have two mappings in place.One mapping will correspond to the request message, while the other one will correspond to the response.When you are doing the mapping for response, then however do it in reverse manner. For example suppose in your case System A is the sender and System B is receiver. Then you make two message types for each system,one for request and one for response.In the mapping for request, the message type of System A will be source and that of system B will be target because request is going from A to B. However in the response mapping, as the response is coming from B to A, in the mapping you will have the message type for system B as source structure and that of System A in target..And you will add both of these mappings in the Operation mapping in the message mapping tab.

EdgarTabar
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you!

It works ...