cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target Cost in Process Order not calculated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In Process order, after deliver of FG the target cost is not getting calculated,

Could you please help me why the target cost is not calculated in process order.

I have configured all setting for WIP and Variance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivasa_maruvada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check at OKTZ whether CostComponent Structure is activated or not

Former Member
0 Kudos

Edited by: Venkat N C on Jan 4, 2012 11:41 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, cost component structure is activate, and std cost is also properly calculated and released to mm

former_member309133
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Please check if the material has a standard cost updated through standard cost run. The target cost is based on the standard cost estimate. Also check if you have a target cost version.

Sangram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Std cost is already released in Material master by costing run. Also target version is also ther.

former_member309133
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Please check if there was a valid standard cost estimate at the time of the creation of the order.

Sangram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Std cost was existed at the time of Delivery of the order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Anyone have faced such a problem that even after std cost exist, all costing config is in place but still ther is no target cost apeared for process order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please check the timings of standard cost estimation and settlement.after the settlement, there is no use of running standard cost estimation and calculation of target cost.

So, as per your comments on above, reverse the settlement and rerun the variance and settlement once again.

Best Regards

Nagaraju SSV

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

[1] Kindly check the validity of your standard cost estimate and date of your process order.

[2] Check the Variance Key in material master data (MM03) under costing 1 tab, there should be Z00001 inputted in the field.

Rosniev

waman_shirwaicar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Target costs are only calculated after goods movements have occured on the order, the Target Costs are then calculated during the Variance calculation.

Target costs will only be calculated after the first goods receipt has been posted to the order. Also you have to ensure that the information to calculate target costs exists on the system in particular in OKV6.

This estimation is based on the customizing for the Target cost version in transaction OKV6 as in turn will the "real" calculation of the Target costs via the variance calculation.

So in OKV6 the Target cost will be based on preliminary costing on the order, an alternative cost estimate or the current standard cost estimate. Importantly if the choosen option is not fulfilled e.g. no current standard cost estimate, the target costs will not be predicted or calculated.

regards

Waman

srinivasa_maruvada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Target cost fields in the report at process order will be updated after calculation of Variance at KKS2..

Till such time no values will be updated. Check whether you ran KKS2 or not with production order status as Teco.

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have executed KKS2 also , cost is not appearing in Target cost field, any more guess for reason of not appearing Target cost ?

Below is detailsed case.

1 Cost Released to MM before process order creation

2 Process order created , Operation confirmad Material Issues, FG qty delivered @ std cost

3 KKS2 executed

4 Variance apearing in KKS2 between Dr to process order and Cr of Process order, but all variance is going in Remaining Variance category.

5 Still Target cost is not getting calculated and i am not able to to trace why it is not coming there.

Please provide any more suggestions...

Thanks

former_member253922
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the customisation in T-Code OKV6. Usually the target costs are the current standard cost estimates. It can also be preliminary cost estimate.

Regards

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Satya,

I have done this setting for Version 0. but not working.

Could please let me know doeas i need to configure target cost version 1 , 2 and 3 for controlling area, how does it affect for target cost calculation,

Thanks in advance

srinivasa_maruvada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you assigned costing sheet to costing variant

Chekc for both planned Costing variant and Actual Costing variant at OKKN

al check Itemization check box at Update tab for both costing variants

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Any further guess for this ?

venkatasatyakrishna_achan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

target cost will be updated only after calculating variance. it does not calculate after delivery of finished goods, calculate variance the target cost will be updated

krishna