Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in moni as invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x16) was found

former_member192238
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am facing an issue in Production interface is Proxy - -> JDBC data is passing in ECC successfully in PI moni it is showing error

as Runtime Exception when executing application mapping program com/sap/xi/tf/_MaterialPlantFromSAP_to_MaterialPlantToDYNAMINE_; Details: com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.BaseRuntimeException; An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x16) was found in the element content of the document.

when i try to open the payload it is showing data is too long when i click on open screen is getting hang showing as not responding.I have checked in the ECC it is also showing data is too long when i click on open after 1 min payload is opening when i try to copy the payload and paste in Message mapping test tab again screen is getting hanging when i try to test with 20 or 30 records in Mapping it going through.

I have downloaded that XML file from ECC moni it is 8.83 MB .

PI can process this huge file ? please suggest me how to pass data in chunks .And also i am not understanding error is due to Payload has not correct data or Payload is huge.

Please throw some light on the issue any help is highly appreciated.

Regards

Praveen Reddy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We can process 9 mb files,Interface already running in Production, so now changing design may be risky.

But your problem looks with data only open with note pad and check for the special characters.

Regards,

Raj

former_member192238
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Raj,

I am trying to open to open the XML file with microsoft word it is showing an

Invalid character found in text content

This mean there is special character in the payload but how to find the special character in that Huge payload.

Regards

Praveen

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

you need a HEX editor. Please download one from this link

http://www.chmaas.handshake.de/delphi/freeware/xvi32/xvi32.htm

Here in the editor search for the HEX value 0X16 and see the corrosponding charcater in payload.

Try getting rid of the character before it reaches Integrtaion engine possibly with java mapping.

Regards

Anupam

Edited by: anupamsap on Jan 4, 2012 6:43 PM

former_member192238
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks@ Raj and Anupam,

Yes there are some special characters in the data.Problem is fixed.

Regards

Praveen Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Can you please let me know how did you solve the issue? Did you use any java mapping to get rid of the special characters in the message before going to integration engine? Please let me know the way you followed.

Thanks,

Venu