cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Execute RFC Write through VB6.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have installed the SAP Netweaver trial version (Installation Number "Initial") .

I can connect to SAP through vb6 and execute an RFC to download and view data (RFC_READ_TABLE).

I am having a hard time trying to execute a "write" RFC to write data into SAP. Obviously I may be doing something wrong, but, my question is, can you confirm I should be able to "write" to the trial version? If so, can you point me to some vb6 examples for this? Would I be better trying to switch to the developer version?

Thanks,

Steve

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Steven,

Can you provide me some help?

I have a vb6 app which pulls data from sql server database and displays it on SAP GUI.

When the app server is upgraded,the functionality stopped working.

the server is updated from 2003/32 bit windows to 2008/64 bit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

After trial and error I found it was issues with my coding, as expected...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think that there're some limitations to "write" on the Trial Release. Probably, there're some issues with user's permissions that you use to execute the RFC function.

What is the error log?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for replying.

I used the default log in that the installation instructed me to use (SAP*), but then found in the help a BCUSER log in which I think should supply me with appropriate permissions.

I suspect it is more likely that my coding is at fault. Could you point me to vb6 RFC write examples? Can I execute a command to view a list of suitable write RFC's to experiment with in SAP?

Thanks,

Steve