cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing of Customer group in SO

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the way to block the "editing" of the customer group within a sales order? The requirement is for a given doc type / sales area.

You would recall the customer group gets determined from the customer master. The same, as determined, is intended to be kept and no changing allowed as we intend to have pricing applicable based on that.

Kind regards,

Tariq

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Tariq,

Through T.code SHD0 (Zero) you can do this,here select the customer group as display in sale order.

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ram, the advise helps certainly.

Though I have ventured on the path earlier too but reassured to know that it is the advisable path.

However, seek your further advise to the fact that what is the difference between "Transaction variants", "Screen variants" & "Standard Variants"

I have made a transaction variant and assigned to the doc type concerned, but its working for other doc types too, which is not desired.

Kindly advise where am I going wrong.

Regards,

Tariq

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

However, seek your further advise to the fact that what is the difference between "Transaction variants", "Screen variants" & "Standard Variants"

Per OSS note Note 582767 - FAQ: Transaction variants in the sales order, following are the details (I should not copy the whole notes, hence only to your points).

1. Question: What is a screen variant?

You can use a screen variant to hide fields on a screen, assign values to fields, or set the fields to not ready for input.

2. Question: What is a transaction variant?

A transaction variant is a collection of screen variants. Transaction variants are created or changed using transaction SHD0.

4. Question: What is a standard variant?

In each standard transaction, you can define a single transaction variant. You are then no longer able to call this transaction 'without' a variant. Technically, a standard variant corresponds to a variant transaction.

I have made a transaction variant and assigned to the doc type concerned, but its working for other doc types too, which is not desired.

I never worked on per document type/few sales area, hence I proposed the user exit solution.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have used transaction variant,because of that it applied to all document types,use screen variant,here the impact will be

with particular screen.Get the screen name once you enter in to particular screen click on system - status in that you can see

screen name,by giving this screen name once you enter in to that screen you can see the function's then you can make it as

display only.

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to you and Shiva for the excellent replies. The user exit certainly sounds much simpler to go through, but I am keen to use the customising way, if I can make use of it.

Pardon my repeated queries on the same but as I understand the screen variant is to be assigned to a transaction variant and which then need to be assigned to the concerned document type.

If my above understanding is correct then i am "confining" the screen variant to a transaction variant which is assigned to the concerned doc type only, then why should other docs type be affected with the change? The other doc types are having a different transaction variant and thus different screen variants.

Seek your guidance further please, if possible.

Regards,

Tariq

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

marcin_milczynski
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To base it on more complex logic you should use user-exit form USEREXIT_FIELD_MODIFICATION in include MV45AFZZ with following code:

IF VBAK-VKORG = 'XXXX' AND "sales org
   VBAK-VTWEG = 'YY' AND "distr channel
   VBAK-SPART = 'ZZ' AND "division
   VBAK-AUART = 'ZZZZ'. "sales doc type
  CASE SCREEN-NAME.
    WHEN 'VBKD-KDGRP'.
      SCREEN-ACTIVE = 0.
  ENDCASE.
ENDIF.

This code will make the field display-only when particular sales order type is used in particular sales area.

Regards,

Marcin

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The requirement is for a given doc type / sales area.

You need to use user exit USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBKD in program MV45AFZZ to make the field gray, so that users can't change it.

Regards,