cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCO Destinations in portal 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have recently updated the Portal to 7.3 and the ESS JCO destinations SAP_R3_ * have stopped working.

I read that now the destinations are created in the NWA but our old webdynpro applications still use the old model ARFC 1.

How I can successfully create/cofigur old destinations in Netweaver 7.3?

A greeting and thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member261631
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

What error are you getting..check from logs and trace...

Regards,

Hanif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to use the PCUI_GP 633 component in my WD java developments but I'm starting my application with this:

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDRuntimeException: Failed to resolve JCO destination name 'SAP_R3_SelfServiceGenerics_MetaData' in the SLD. No such JCO destination is defined in the SLD.

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.wdc.sl.JCOClientConnection.resolveConnectionParameter(JCOClientConnection.java:420)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.core.sl.AbstractJCOClientConnection.init(AbstractJCOClientConnection.java:237)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.core.sl.AbstractJCOClientConnection.<init>(AbstractJCOClientConnection.java:222)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.wdc.sl.JCOClientConnection.<init>(JCOClientConnection.java:84)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.wdc.sl.SystemLandscapeFactory.getJCOClientConnectionUnMapped(SystemLandscapeFactory.java:151)

... 80 more

Thanks Hanif.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maybe I have explained wrong, I just want to use Web Dynpro models create with ARFC model 1 in 7.3 Portal environment.

For this, it requires the use of old destinations, not those created in the NWA.

In Web Dynpro content area the shoe like disabled and can not be changed.

A greeting.

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Please check the SLD should be up and running. SLD data supplier should be updated.

***Update the host file and service file in your computer if not updated with server information.

Then try to create the JCO 'SAP_R3_SelfServiceGenerics_MetaData' (case sensitive)

Best Regards

Arun Jaiswal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

But I would like to know is whether the destinations created in NWA work with RFC 1 models.. I don't think so.

Where should I create?

jpenninkhof
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Should still be there in 7.3. Try:

http://<server>:<port>/webdynpro/resources/sap.com/tcwdtools~admin/Explorer

Cheers,

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But the fact is that in Web Dynpro content area they look like disabled (greyed) and can not be changed / created.

Greetings.

jpenninkhof
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Could it be that your system is not linked to an SLD yet?

The old (ARFC1) Jco destinations are stored in an SLD.