cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigation attribute in Alert monitor output

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have requirment to have Navigation attribute on alert monitor along with base charcterstics.

We are runnning macros in background at Navigation attribute level and would like to capture navigation attribute in alret ouput in /SAPAPO/AMON1 screen.

Appreciate any help/pointer on this

Thanks

Anil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aparna,

Thanks for the update. Just adding Navigation attribute will get value automatically or do we need to code the logic to get Navigation attribute value based on base charcteristics.

For example my CVCs are as below.

Product|Location|Region|SBU

I have navigation attribute on Product say Product_N

I run alert macro on aggregation level Region+Product_N. In the alert output I need Product_N. If I have to code the logic to extract Product_N in the ouput we dont have any reference to product to get Product_N.

Appreciate your help on this.

Thanks

Anil

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to put custom logic in your code to pick the values of the navigational attribute from the base characteristic. The base characteristic is an info object and the navig attribute is assocaited with this. So query the info object with base characteristic as input and retrive value of navig attribute. Take help from ABAP team to do this

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

For the selection profile you're using to run the background job, you must not only include the navigational attribute(s) but also the main characteristic(s) of the navigational attribute(s). This is because the alerts are generated with selection IDs. If you do not include the main characteristic, the naviational attributes will be filtered out. Please check Note 329707. hough it's mainly talking about forecast profile assignment, you'll see that it also mentions that alert also works the same way. The point is:

"

The generated selection table does not contain any fields for navigation attributes, therefore, forecast profiles for selections that contain restrictions with navigation attributes cannot be assigned either.An exception to this is where the relevant basic characteristic is also restricted at the same time as the navigation attribute.Here the navigation attribute is ignored and the forecast profile is allocated for the selection without the attribute.

Sending alerts is also only provided for selections for which only explicitly distinct characteristics are found.The same table is used as during the assignment of the forecast profiles.

"

Best Regards,

Ada

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to put logic in the BadI /SAPAPO/AM_ALERTLIST to include and display addition fields in the alert monitor output. We tried this and it works perfectly

Thanks

Aparna