cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDI Configuration Enable Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Trying to setup NWDI on 12.2 and managed to get far enough up until I was at point of enabling it within the MII Portal --> NWDI Configuration.

I get the following error:

Error occurred while updating NWDI user configuration; development config is not valid for SAP MII content development

If anyone has any thoughts on resolving this please let me know.

Thanks,

Alin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

IntegrationCPI
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alin,

I am facing the same issue ,would appericaite if you can give us more details (Steps). In my system both 1.lanscape server and 2. Name server are checked and restarted the SLD .But no luck.

Thanks

Kishore K V

Former Member
0 Kudos

@kishorekv2 : What is the problem you are having? What error message are you seeing?

IntegrationCPI
Participant
0 Kudos

Error MSg :

[C0000A06142A905700000005000010CC] Error occurred while updating NWDI user configuration; development config is not valid for SAP MII content development .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Add NWDI.Administrators in "Assigned Groups" tab to the user you're using to enable the NWDI in MII with

To elaborate, when you click the NWDI Configuration link in MII you are asked to enable it...then a prompt for user and pwd shows.

That user needs to have the "NWDI.Administrators" role added in "Assigned Groups" tab in UME

IntegrationCPI
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Alin ! Problem resolved .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Awesome! Glad I could help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

I have a question about NWDI and MII.

A customer of ours has 3 mii systems and he want to connect them using NWDI to use source control and transport management.

So he has 1 NWDI server and 3 other servers: MII system DEV, MII system QA and MII system PROD.

What do I need to do to configure these 3 systems to work properly with NWDI?

Do I need to configure a local SLD on the NWDI server and on each of the MII systems refer to the remote SLD on the NWDI server?

NWDI server is an NW 7.3 SP01

MII also on NW 7.3 and is an 12.2 version.

Many thanks!

Steven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steven,

As my understanding goes, which may not be 100% correct, if you have one SLD setup then you can use that as your main point for the 3 instances.

When you configure the 3 instances just have them point to the ONE SLD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great!

Thanks for the quick reply.

Do you know if there is a lot of difference in configuration and setup of NWDI on NW 7.1 EHP1 and NW 7.3 EHP1?

Configuration steps with wizard:

- So first I will setup a local SLD on the NWDI server.

- Then configure CMS on the 3 MII systems and select a remote SLD (SLD of NWDI server)?

Do I also need to configure CMS on NWDI server or only on the 3 MII systems?

- Integrate MII with NWDI

Are there some other things that I should know or do?

best regards,

Steven

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can't comment on the CMS config as i'm not sure.

As for NWDI on MII i had to:

Add NWDI.Administrators in "Assigned Groups" tab to the user you're using to enable the NWDI in MII with

STOP & RESTART SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answer:

Had to enable the Name Server in the SLD then initiate a Start and Stop of the SLD service.