cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Enterprise Portal Roles for GRC10.0 system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone please clarify this issue for me as it affects Portal roles for SAP GRC10.0.

I followed the guide and in the system, there are only 2 portal roles related to GRC10.0 - GRC Suite and GRC ACCESS CONTROL. These roles are to be assigned for super users depending on the application(s) in use. My question is, what role will i assign to someone who is not supposed to do everything in the system. For example, a risk owner?

Becuase as it is now, once I assign the roles (GRC Suite and GRC ACCESS CONTROL.) to a user...the user has authorization for everything. Does it mean that only super users can access portal for the purpose of GRC 10.0 workcenter?

Thanks

Edited by: JohnBrownBasis on Jan 3, 2012 2:13 PM

I changed workbench to workcenter....sorry

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jhon,

Can you see

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ekel,

Sorry that I did not come back to it....I taught I already did. I have awarded points (Full). Can you check this thread for me? -

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear John,

The 2 Portal Roles in the config guide are meant to allow only navigational access within the portal. The actual authorizations are governed by ABAP GRC roles only . You may control the access at the abap level ..and further prepare new portal role( iViews , worksets ) to restrict navigation within portal.

Best Regards,

Vishal Padiyar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

So what I hear you say is that the GRC Portal role does not give access to the back-end...just the workcenter icon?

So I have to create iviews to limit the entries in the workcenter that the user can see?

Is that correct?