cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Change Tracking Not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I searched the forums But couldnot find the solution.

Issue is related to the data not recorded in MDM change tracking database - A2i_CM_History database table when data is changed in data manager and hence database is empty..

Have followed step by step procedure as per the below Link posted in a forum.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm71/helpdata/en/49/a42bce34de1b93e10000000a42189b/frameset.htm.

I have activated a table in change tracking in console and tried to change the data of that table in data manager.But data changes are not visible in History table and it is empty.

System

MDM 7.1

Please advise.

Regards

Sunil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Would you please elaborate wht error are you getting,

Once you activate, take a restart of the MDM server and the DB Server.

Please let us know your results.

Regards,

Abhishek

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sunil,

Two cases: either you have not activated it at mdm console side or something is missing or need to activate at database level as well.

request you to go through once the below links

hth

thx

deep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deep,

Thanks for your feedback.

Scenerio 1: When we activate change tracking for description field in

MDM Console we are able to see the change at database level.

Scenerio 2: When we activate change tracking for Price Table(Qualified

Table) in Console we are unable to view the data changes at database

level.

Request you to please check and guide.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Sunil

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As you said you acivate the CT things in console so some part is working also check for another one if activated or not.

thx

deep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deep,

I have done similar process for both scenerios in MDM console and i am not aware at database level.

Can you please guide me.

Regards

Sunil

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sunil, I am hoping you are accessing your Change tracker via portal, you need to configure data source in your nwa (netweaver administrator)

In portal you must be having portal Role property editor you can choose assign action tabs and check for MDM_CHANGE_TRACKER.

you also need to configure the JDBC alias parameters, also check below source

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/807861ac-f941-2c10-8f8d-c57f9d421...

also you need to download sca files from service market place prior to install Change tracker. JDBC driver needs to insink with the Database as well. and i don't think any additional setting required in SAP MDM console.

hope it will help

thx

deep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deep,

Below are the steps performed by Basis ,Portal and MDM teams

1.Creating a Data Source for a JDBC Connector----Basis Team.

2.Deploying the Change Tracker Application Using JSPM.-----Basis Team

3. To access the MDMChange Tracker application, assign the action name MDM_CHANGE_TRACKER to the role -

Portal Team

4.Configure the MDMChange Tracker application depending on which of the following use cases you require:Running the Change Tracker Application in Stand-Alone Mode.

Configure change Tracking for Price Table in MDM Console and making necessary changes in data manager-----MDM Team

As per the below link we have done configuration process.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm71/helpdata/en/49/a42bce34de1b93e10000000a42189b/frameset.htm

Issue : we are made changes in data manger But Unable to view in portal/database level for Price table.

The Link used to acess portal is http://<server>:<port>/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/tcmdmchangetracker/MdmChangeTracker?jdbcAlias=MdmHistoryDatabase&config=default which you have mentioned in your link.

Appreciate your continuous support.

Regards

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your support.

Problem is partially solved.Now,when i change a qualifier field (Currency) in qualified table( Price) of MDM , in portal we are able to view the old and new value.But,issue is new value is prefix with some number.

Please guide me how to remove the prefix number.

Regards

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Raised a OSS message and issue got resolved.

Prefix Number is by design and no solution needed.

Regards

Sunil

Edited by: PSUNIL on Jan 11, 2012 8:09 PM

Edited by: PSUNIL on Jan 19, 2012 7:20 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Raised a OSS message and issue got resolved.

Prefix Number is by design and no solution needed.

Regards

Sunil

Edited by: PSUNIL on Jan 11, 2012 8:09 PM