cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enviroment variable for IDES 4.7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I m facing a problem during the last steps of <b>IDES 4.7 on Oracle DB</b> installation: The setup failed to read the HOME environment variable. When I check the OS (<b>Win XP</b>) I did not find it, please can you give me the value of the variable then I can add it manually.

It ll be great if you give me even the other environment variable.

Kind regards,

Fred,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I too got the same stmts in the command window.But the installation completed.What values i have to set for thew SAPSYSTEMNAME and HOME in windows 2000 with a Oracle 8i bundle.After installation,I cannot start the sap service also.All the work processes change their state to "ended" afdter sometime in SAP MMC.

Kindly advice,

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,

Ram Kumar.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fred,

I found two Environment variables

ORACLE_HOME C:\oracle\ora92

SAPDATA_HOME C:\oracle\SID(er3)

May be it helps u.

If u can give which environment variables is missing then may be i can help u better.

Regards

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

Here the error I got:

TRACE[E] [syxxccuren.hpp:188]CSyCurrentProcessEnvironmentImpl::getEnvironmentVariable(iastring)

Unable to get value for environment variable SAPDATA_HOME.

TRACE[E] [syxxccuren.hpp:188]CSyCurrentProcessEnvironmentImpl::getEnvironmentVariable(iastring)

Unable to get value for environment variable SAPEXE.

Unable to get value for environment variable SAPSYSTEMNAME.

TRACE[E] [syxxccuren.hpp:188]

CSyCurrentProcessEnvironmentImpl::getEnvironmentVariable(iastring)

Unable to get value for environment variable HOME.

The first ones I found tem except HOME variable!

But it s still stage error because at least should be ok for SAPDATA_HOME, SAPEXE.... cause I have them in my OS.

Kind regards,

Fred,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fred,

Forgot to ask, Does 4.7 support to Win Xp.I m not sure but i think it doesnot.so please cross check it and let me know also.

Regards

Subhash

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

usually no sap erp product is supported on any other os than win2 or win2k3...so no xp! have a look at the product avalability matrix on sapnet, alias: pam

GreetZ, AH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for help,

I found out that the problem comming from the OS, I m trying to install IDES in XP!!

I switch to W2K server + SP4 and I m facing a strage problem: when I run sapserver.cmd nothing happen. I checked j2sdk, JAVA_HOME... everything seems ok!

Do you have an idea where can come from this problem?

Many thanks,

Fred,