Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Extract from ECC and send to PI

former_member205100
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Currenlty I need to do an data extract from ECC then validate the data and map to some fields in PI and sent to ECC,

i.e currently we are using Data stage(DS) 7.5 version where we are doing data extraction from ECC via some ABAP program and BAPI and after the extraction will do some validation in DS against the extracted value and map to few feilds in PI and send it to SAP.

And now they planned to go for next version in DS i.e 8.5, due to some licesne problem they are planning to remove this DS and instead we need to go for some other option to extract data from ECC and sent it PI.

can you please suggest the possible way for this data extraction apart from BODS? or else how about this BODS tool do we need to install it seperately? If so client dont want to do any investment for this ? Pls suggest the possible ways.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Sethu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have already ABAP programs /BAPI's in place then try to develop RFC interface and write some back ground programs to scheudl BAPI's and develop scenario but you need to implement error handling , data validation in PI mapping level.

or

take help from ABAPer to design in ABAP like writing Proxy program to pull data and send it PI.

if you are dealing with master data bit risky(correctness) but can be achived using PI.

former_member205100
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

As per you suggestion first I need to create an ABAP proxy programe to extract the data rite ? client proxy or server proxy?

can i handle the validation here ? do you have any documents for this ?

Is there any restriction in the volume of data extraction?

do we have any other method for this extraction and mapping to PI? like some one suggest me to do HTTP sync call from Data Stage to SAP or can we create a FM to to extract the data and expose as webervice?.

which will be the easy way? pls guide for better option?

Regards,

Sethu.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

cleint proxy.

search in sdn..you will find many docs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Client proxy....u can find many documents in SDN.

http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/XI/ABAPClientProxy/page1.htm

Regards,

Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it not possible to handle this validation steps in ECC only? For example, if you are sending the IDocs, then u can code additional level of checks in its corresponding Exits.

-Supriya.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ideally extracting the data from ECC should be done via an ABAP proxy.

using the ABAP proxy, you can push the data into PI.