cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server-initiated Workflow starting point via cache update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I'm trying to figure out a way to start a Server-initiated workflow without an invasive DCN notiification sent from EIS (or from the application that change the EIS).

Is it possible?

For example, per what I have understood, when a change is made in EIS, this is propagated to the corresponding MBO, according to cache update policy.

Can SUP automatically recognize this change (without custom DCN/JSON) and send a notification to a device?

Thanks to all

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are also looking for that but still we just find that we have to used SAP Netweaver as a Gateway.

Can you please tell me how to used DCN and how can we send the notification from the Back-End ?

Regards,

Tapan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tapan,

at the moment I test workflow DCN only for notify SUP of a new/modified object in EIS.

I send an http request to SUP server, specifying user and filling subject field with the id of modified object, following the matching rules specifiied by the workflow.

I think this is consider as DCN without payload (see http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/topic/com.sybase.infocenter.dc01333.0200/doc/html/fre1305047284929...

Workflow will use a findByParameter query to retrieve the new attributes of modified object.

Here an example of DCN

http://serverSUP:8000/dcn/DCNServlet?cmd=wf&security=admin&domain=default&username=supAdmin&password=s3pAdmin&dcn_request={"op":":upsert","id":"wf1","to":"supAdmin","subject":"new product (000000000000000004)","from":"SAP ECC","body":" ","read":false,"priority":true}

In the example, I set matching rule based on subject field, and new product ( as start tag, end ) as end tag

Using a findByParamer , workflow will lookup the product with id 000000000000000004.

wf1 should be the workflow item Id, but I'm further investigating on it.

With the other fields of DCN (username, password, to) I think it will be possible to manage authentication and user/device provisioning of workflow item.

If someone has further details or have some experience on it, please share with us!

Hope this is helpfull

Regards,

Cristian

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cristian,

WF1 is the notification ID, it has to be unique for each notification, except if you are deleting an old notification (in this case the value of "op" field will be "delete" instead of "upsert" ).

The field "TO" is the one that you have to modify if you want to send the notification to an specific user, or multiple users. Now you are sending to supAdmin, and if you didn't have a credential screen request in your mobile workflow app every device that has this wf assigned will receive all the notifications

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marshal,

thank you for the reply!

You wrote that "TO" field can be use to send notification to multiple user: do you mean a comma separated list of users or a way to specify a sort of group/role?

Per what I saw, I didn't found this last options..

thank you

Cristian

Edited by: Cristian Fusi on Jan 3, 2012 5:40 PM

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you should specify the list of users separated by comma. It's exactly like an email.

I think it's not possible to specify a user group.

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Interesting question... I don't have the solution that you want, but if your cache policy is by DCN notification you will need to send 2 notifications from EIS... One to update the MBO and the second to send the notification to the device.

I hope there is a better approach.