cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MTO Process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have following query about Make To Order process senario.

1. If we increase quantity in a open order against whom 1-2 delivery have taken place, then will system trigger MRP again for changed quantity or should we need to add new line item in that sales order.

2. MTO process like after sales order availability check is carried out then transfer of requirement and then its generate PR against which PO is generated and so on. What if I wish to decrease the quantity in the same open order when MRP run has already triggered once? How will system work in this case.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

please see my reply in green

1. If we increase quantity in a open order against whom 1-2 delivery have taken place, then will system trigger MRP again for changed quantity or should we need to add new line item in that sales order.

You don't need to add new line item in the sales order after you revise quantity of your order, after MRP running, the system will re-calculate based on quantity that you changed which means it will generate a new PR or planning order as per your changed quantity, but you might test it yourself.

2. MTO process like after sales order availability check is carried out then transfer of requirement and then its generate PR against which PO is generated and so on. What if I wish to decrease the quantity in the same open order when MRP run has already triggered once? How will system work in this case.

It will re-calculate as I said after MRP running again, so as my opinion there is nothing to do except you had converted your existing PR to PO or you had converted planning order to production order, under that circumstance, you need to revise PO or production order accordingly.

ravindra_devarapalli
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But , System shows the planned order as based on the MTS. Why its not showing MTO Planned order .why its showing MTS planned order .

While changing the delivery date or quantity or adding newline item in sales order

Please give me solution

Edited by: devarapalliravindra18 on Jan 13, 2012 6:06 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

we are facing problem while doing good issue for production (mb1a). We are getting error Sales order stock 16000154 000010 does not exist.

Message no M7184

what could be teh problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok it worked .....but just want to configure why special stock indicator is coming in production order ( component overview screen). We havent maintained any such indicator, its coming by default in production order

Answers (0)