cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while packing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i have created delivery against one order and while doing packing through VL06O system is giving warning message "Item without storage location exist" where as the storage location is maintained for the item. what can be the posibility.

Thanks

Ashwini K.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check whether the STORAGE LOCATION determined or not in the Delivery for the Item.

Please maintain the storage location and check

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

storage location maintain at sale order line item , ofter plant , you can maintain the storage location, or maintain the storage location determination ,at OVL3 tcode, goto OVL3 and give this combination shipping point plantstorage condition=storage location.

so please maintain this ,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please go to your outbound delivery first and you need to check if storage location of it ties the one in vl06o, please reply once you finish doing so.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi allen,

yes storage location is there in VL06O, the problem is like when i am entering the picking quantity and clicking on the pack button the system is throwing warning message by splitting the material into two. as shown below.

900001 1001-0110-WHITE 2200 S 2 2

900002 1001-0110-WHITE 2200 M 2 2

900003 1001-0110-WHITE 2200 2 2

900004 1001-0110-WHITE 2200 2 2

900005 1001-0110-WHITE 2200 2 2

in order level only above to grids i entered, and below highlighted are comming automaticaly.

regards

Ashwini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please see my replay in green:

yes storage location is there in VL06O, the problem is like when i am entering the picking quantity and clicking on the pack button the system is throwing warning message by splitting the material into two. as shown below.

Then what is your issue exactly, I can't tell based on what you are saying,question 1 what is material number? 2 How many materials needs to be packed? How many items in outbound delivery?3 As per standard packing procedure, you need to choose materials whch need to be packed and then click packing material , then click "packing" button.

900001 1001-0110-WHITE 2200 S 2 2

900002 1001-0110-WHITE 2200 M 2 2

900003 1001-0110-WHITE 2200 2 2

900004 1001-0110-WHITE 2200 2 2

900005 1001-0110-WHITE 2200 2 2

I can't understand above items or columns, please explain column by column or row by row so that I can help you to solve packing issue, the specifics should be such as 1001 is a plant or 0110 is a storage location?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry allen!

material 1 - grid S - 2 qty

material 2 - grid M

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

aswin , please tell me your are maintain the batch, first goto vl060 , check your line item maintain the batchs , once you maintain the batchs ,first you complete the batch detemenation, so please check for line item at picking tab, their you can find material plantstorage location+delivery quantity, so this is ok ofter you will goto batch determination , and complete picking , ofter you will go to packing, it is the process off packing ,

only ofter picking completed only you can create packing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then what is packing material? Did you do what I said before? And it looked like you had not tell me what exactly error message you encountered?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry allen!

(some error ocured while posting the thread so the earlier reply was incomplete. )

material 1 - grid S - 2 qty - picked qty - 2

material 2 - grid M - 2 qty - picked qty - 2

two material with grid Small and midium and 2 is the picked quantity. now when i am clicking on the pack button the system is showing

material 1 - grid S - 2 qty - picked qty - 2 - storage locn - 272

material 2 - grid M - 2 qty - picked qty - 2 - storage locn - 272

material 1 - 2 qty - picked qty - 2 - no strg loc

material 2 - 2 qty - picked qty - 2 - no strg loc

my question is when i ordered two materials and doing picking for two materials then why the below highlighted materials re comming? and system throwing msg no storage location defined.

i would also like to mentioned that we have upgraded our ECC 6.0 to EHP5 version. is it because some standrd setting missed out?

Edited by: ashwini21 on Jan 3, 2012 12:01 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ashwini21 :

Now your issue is clear:please see my reply in green:

material 1 - grid S - 2 qty - picked qty - 2 - storage locn - 272

material 2 - grid M - 2 qty - picked qty - 2 - storage locn - 272

material 1 - 2 qty - picked qty - 2 - no strg loc

material 2 - 2 qty - picked qty - 2 - no strg loc

Firstly,it looked your company had implemented warehouse management, please confirm. The reason that you encountered this issue could be 2: 1 Go to spro enterprice structure/definition/MM/maintain storage location to see if storage location 272 had been maintained here. 2 Go to mmbe to enter your material 1 and 2 to check if there has inventory for those two material under storage location 272 and your plant. 3 If there has not enough inventory you need to ask someone to replenish it 4 After that you might need to go to lt03 to create transfer order and confirm it or you click "packing" button again to see what's going on, let me know if you have further question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1 Go to spro enterprice structure/definition/MM/maintain storage location to see if storage location 272 had been maintained here. -

Ans - Yes the storage location is maintained here .

2 Go to mmbe to enter your material 1 and 2 to check if there has inventory for those two material under storage location 272 and your plant.

Ans - Yes stock is there.

What can be the other possibility.

Thanks

Ashwini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please also check if gernal plant data/storage 1 2 view had been maintained for those two material, also go to spro , LE/shipping/picking/determine picking location/assign picking location to see if storage location had been assigned. aslo go to spro enterprise structure/assignement/LE/assign warehouse number to plant/storage location to see if there exist combination here.