cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy a standard FPM OIF webdynpro applications to a Z Application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I want to copy a standard (SAP HCM) FPM OIF webdynpro application HAP_PMP_CALIBRATION to a Z webdynpro application.

It seems I have to copy Application, Components, Classes, Component conf evevrything to a Z Package to achieve this.

However, I am completely new to this. Please guide the technical procedure.

Regards

Manoj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

the standard approach is to enhance, not copy. This means you only "modify" the parts of the application you want to change, and using the enhancement framework you can also keep better track of your work. Copying the full application, including classes etc is usually not recommended.

If you still want to copy, you can use the WDC FPM_CFG_HIERARCHY_BROWSER in "deep copy" mode:

1. Make sure you have set parameter FPM_CONFIG_EXPERT = A or X in your parameter settings (transaction SU3)

2. Go to the component configuration for your application (by locating it under the appropriate WDC, such as FPM_OIF_COMPONENT, them clicking "Start configurator"

3. When your component configuration is displayed in the browser window, you should see a button named "Deep copy". This button will only appear if you have set the parameter under point 1.

Regards,

Trond