Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC to JDBC Synchronous interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am using PI 7.1.

Having requirement of IDOC to JDBC synchronous scenario. When data is coming from SAP to DB it is updating data in to u201CXu201D table, when data response from DB is u201CYu201D table.

How can I configure this interface, Please suggest me.

Best Regards,

Pasi...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

u have to go for BPM...link has already been provided above...

refer this similar discussion:

PriyankaAnagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since IDOC does not support synchronous communication, you can use either proxies or JDBC lookup or you need to use ccBPM.

1. proxy to JDBC or

2. IDOC to IDOC with JDBC lookup

Regards,

Priyanka

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if it is a sync scenario, then in this case you will need to use a BPM since your source is IDoc.

At the receiver side for JDBC, go for a Stored procedure approach.

Also if possible, try to explore the option of using a Sync ABAP proxy instead of IDoc so that you can avoid the BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabarish,

Thank you for your immediate response..

Changing from IDOC to Proxy is not posible . client has decided data flow through IDOC from ECC.

can you please provide any link related to my requirement , or any other best option for fulfull this requirement ( IDOC <--> JDBC Synchronous intrface)

I never worked on Stored Procedures.

Best Regards,

Pasi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

For special problematic of IDOC -> JDBC and sending back acknowledgement have a look to One Logical System Name for serveral BPM Acknowledgements

Step by Step JDBC Synchornous

Integration with database made easy

SOAP <=> JDBC Synchronous

Serialize IDOC XML

Regards,

Phani

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since IDOC supports async communication the best option is idoc async >JDBC sync> idoc async. You need to use BPM to achieve this. The link is already provided by Shabarish and other experts.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This very interesting very recent blog may help you

Regards,

Prateek Raj Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>When data is coming from SAP to DB it is updating data in to u201CXu201D table, when data response from DB is u201CYu201D table.

create and use Stored procedures... refer this:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thank you for your response...

I checked those provided links, but for my scenario BPM is required or not ( IDOC <-> JDBC Synchronous) ?

In the attached links , Source is SOAP , we are creating SOAP clinet and we are testing the interfaces.

But in my requirement is IDOC ?

Best Regagrds,

Pasi.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if it is an IDoc, then Yes you will need a BPM to handle the response from DB

it will be similar to this instead of File it will be IDoc and instead of RFC it will be JDBC