SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implicit Registration behaviour

former_member182585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am exploring the implicit registration behaviour to program of study. When you use IMPLICIT registration, the system bypasses the requirement of having a registration record for a specific year/session when you try to book a module. As long it founds that the student has registration record or any approved admissions application record, the system lets you book modules for any year/session. Once you save the bookings, the system then automatically creates/extends the registration and study records accordingly.

The requirement here is that we are not using Admission process at all. Client wants to book the modules for a particular academic year and session without creating registration to program of study. As stated above IMPLICIT registration mode allows to create registration in background at the time of module book but student has to have a either a valid admission application or regitration record. Now my question is how to avoide this requirement. System shall create registration record based upon module booking by figuring out the program of study which owns that particular module.

Need help from SLCM gurus to suggest a suitable appraoch to achieve this.

Regards

Vinod Kumar

12 REPLIES 12

former_member182585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rob/Michael,

Any clue in this regard?

Regards

Vinod

0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

have you maintained in customizing 'Define Mode for Registration/Re-registration'. You have to enter US1 and (re-)registration in the background during module booking will be valid for all programs. If you leave the field blank ' ' you will need to register students to each program.

Regards,

Silke

0 Kudos

Hi Silke,

Thanks for your response however i have already tried it. Its working for cases where admission application has been created but we are not using admission process at all.

Regards

Vinod Kumar

0 Kudos

Vinod,

Did you remove the admission restricted flag from Program data(info-type) .

Thanks,

Prabhat Singh

Edited by: Prabhat Singh on Jan 5, 2012 6:05 AM

0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat,

Yes it is unchecked already. We are not using admission process as at all.

Regards

Vinod Kumar

0 Kudos

Vinod,

What's the issue? Are you getting any error?

Best Regards,

Prabhat Singh

0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

if you have maintained the customizing table 'define mode for registration/ re-registration', group rereg, setting mode, plus in object type program of study on infotype program data the flag for admission restriction is not set it should work.

We would need to know the error message.

It almost seem to be an error in solution. So if we do not find a solution via this thread you should open a OSS message for your customer.

Best regards,

Silke

0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat,

I am getting the following error.

Registration/re-registration is not available; check the period

Message no. HRPIQ000026

Thanks Silke for response. I am using following configuration to achieve this:

Define mode for registration/ re-registration=US1',

Default values for registration are set to = Blank

and Object type program of study on infotype program data the flag for admission restriction is not set.

Define Module Booking Environment = SC. Even while selecting module system is throwing error message saying Choose a program -Message no. HRPIQ000013.

Please note that from student file i am going to module booking. After inputing module name manually i am trying to save it but getting the above error. Other inputs are acdemic year and session. Please note that we are not using admission or admission application process at all.

In real life we are going to use cohort functionality to book modules for bulk students. This will be first transaction code which users are going to use in SLCM. I tried PIQST00 just to see implicit registration behaviour for single student.

The process is simple: create cohort and sub cohort, create events for particular set of modules, distribute students and do the module booking. After module booking upload the marks, use PIQGRAD and perform teh audit. We are able to map 90% of the above process to SLCM but running registration in background is an issue.

In other words User wanted to run registration in background whilst doing module booking from cohort screen.

Regards

Vinod Kumar

0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

Define Module Booking Environment you would have to set to PT as you do not want to make it depending on program but program type. The system needs to know the program it should register the student to.

So either you set up programm type registration or you always create an initial registration.

Regards,

Silke

0 Kudos

Hi Silke,

Changed the module booking environment to PT but still getting the same error (Registration/re-registration is not available; check the period: Message no. HRPIQ000026). Maintained the Program Type at SC and SM level as well.

Could you let me know if i am missing any other configuration step. Modules are offered for the particular session i am trying to book. Do i have to assign progress classifications to program type as well. I am not using progressions at all.

After selecting module booking environment to PT, the program type drop down option does not show anything. We have to manually input the module IDs in selection tab page.

So either you set up programm type registration or you always create an initial registration.

I didnt get what you want to say in above statement. Is it mandatory to have a registration for module booking. I think no thats what implicit registratuion type is doing.

Regards

Vinod Kumar

0 Kudos

Vinod,

System is throwing this error because it is not finding any open study segment for module booking context. if that's the case you have to implement additional admission check badi "HRPIQ00REG0160.

Best Regards,

Prabhat Singh

0 Kudos

Thanks Prabhat.

It means i can directly go and do module booking without having created admission application and initial registration. System will pick the program of study based upon program type maintained in module.

I will try this BaDi and let you know the results. Thanks once again.

Regards

Vinod Kumar