Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using "messaging.system.queueParallelism.maxReceivers"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Happy New Year 2012!!!

I am working in a landscape where there are integrations between 'CRM to MDM' and 'MDM to Non SAP Systems' using PI. There is a lot of data which flows through these interfaces and some times the PI MDM adapter clogs up and it stops both inbound and outbound data flow.

To address this issue we have been suggested to use "messaging.system.queueParallelism.maxReceivers" : Note - 1136790.

I was trying to collect some information on this but could only see scenarios using JDBC receivers. Hence i have a few questions to ask:

1.) Is this note only applicable to JDBC receiver scenarios? If yes, then can you please give a back ground as to why?

2.) If No, then how should i configure this in my PI system?

3.) How can i tag a particular scenario to this property? This is mentioned as a 2nd point in the note solution section but the steps are not given.

Thanks in advance,

Anshul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The property messaging.system.queueParallelism.maxReceivers is used to define the maximum number of parallel connections Per receiver.

1.) Is this note only applicable to JDBC receiver scenarios? If yes, then can you please give a back ground as to why?

--> The property is set globally and it affects the inbound asynchronous queue of adapters.

--> You can configure this parameter in NWA for messaging system property.

3.) How can i tag a particular scenario to this property? This is mentioned as a 2nd point in the note solution section but the steps are not given.

--> There is a feature of maximum concurrency in file & JDBC channels, you can use this to set the max connections per receiver.

-Supriya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Supriya,

Thanks for your inputs. I have a few more questions to ask to further drill down this configuration:

--> You can configure this parameter in NWA for messaging system property.

Anshul -> Since i do not have access to NWA, can you please give the hierarchy path in NWA to reach messaging system property. Here do i have an option to mention 1 or 2 particular scenario where i want to restrict the number of parallel worker threads being used on the inbound adapter. This question is basically to understand how this configuration works. This restricts the number of parallel worker threads, so how it will work if i dont tag it to a scenario. What if i have 3 CRM to MDM scenarios with equal amount of loads happening at a single instance.

Does this configuration implies to one single instance of an adapter or it affects all the instances.

Is there a way i can test, how affectively this configuration is working to improve my PI system performance?

Warm Regards,

Anshul

Eoin_Kierans
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You can change this parameter within the offline config tool at the following path:

template - Usage_Type_All_in_One -> Services -> com.sap.aii.af.ms.svc

This is a global parameter and therefore is not applicable to one specific scenario

Please also check the following document:

XI/PI File and JDBC Receiver Adapter performance and availability improvements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anshul,

This parameter affects all adapters on global level. But for file and JDBC adapters, you have the option of additionally controlling the number of worker threads in respective communication channel.

By default the value of this parameter is '0' which means no restriction of number of threads.

You can change this by drill down to the path: NWA --> Configuration Management --> Infrastructure --> Java System Properties

--> Details --> Services.

Hope this helps.

-Supriya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Supriya/Eoin,

You both provided some really good information. Thanks You.

Warm Regards,

Anshul

Answers (0)