SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running PIQGRAD in background

former_member182585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

My client need to run PIQGRAD application in background. The real requirements is that this application shall trigger automatically whenever PIQSMFU is run. Program shall select all the students according to academic year and sessions provided in PIQSMFU and register all these students automatically in PIQGRAD.

Need BAdi or functional module details which can trigger PIQGRAD in background.

Regards

Vinod Kumar

5 REPLIES 5

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

If your requirement is related to a save action in PIQSMFU for a particular set of students in a particular context (grade?, Ac year/session?) then I suggest you look at the BRF event 0Grading (the related activity is AF01 Edit Appraisal.).

Br

Rob

0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

My requirement is that users dint want to go to PIQGRAD Screen and use it. They want it to be automated whilst doing evaluation.

In this case the process involves following steps. Marks are coming from an external third party tool through web service directly to PIQSMFU. Users then have to register the students for graduation using PIQGRAD and then run the process dependednt audit. Users here wanted to run the evaluation program as step one and then run the audit in next step rather then going to PIQGRAD screen. They want it to run in background while marks are getting upload.

Warm regards

Vinod Kumar

0 Kudos

Vinod,

I will also suggest you to use BRF. It doesn't matter whether they are going to PIQSMFU screen or not. As long as you are using right activity it will trigger BRF.

Best Regards,

Prabhat Singh

0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat,

Could you suggest the right activity to be chosen for this. Little help about customizing this using BRF will be highly helpful

for me. Marks are coming from a third party tool and getting uploaded directly in to SAP. Users wanted to register all the students for PIQGRAD to run process dependent audit.

Regards

Vinod Kumar

0 Kudos

Vinod,

Most probably it will using activity AF01.

Best Regards,

Prabhat Singh