cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP JCo3 connection pooling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am very new to sap jco 3 . I want to make connection pooling using jco3 .But in jco3 there is no class like JCO.Pool

and JCO.Client .I think both class are available in com.sap.mw.jco.* but i dont know from where i can get them .

So, can anybody suggest me how to make connection pooling using SAP Jco3 and how its work ?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This Topic is a litte bit older and I guess you have found an answer yet (at least I hope so )

However here are your answers.

The Pooling is managed within the Destination:

You can set this by createing a DestionationProperty by hand:

Properties connectProperties = new Properties();

connectProperties.setProperty(DestinationDataProvider.JCO_ASHOST, <HOST>);

connectProperties.setProperty(DestinationDataProvider.JCO_SYSNR, <SYS_NR>);

connectProperties.setProperty(DestinationDataProvider.JCO_CLIENT, <e.g. 100>);

connectProperties.setProperty(DestinationDataProvider.JCO_USER, <RFC-User>);

connectProperties.setProperty(DestinationDataProvider.JCO_PASSWD, <pass if working with RFC-User>);

connectProperties.setProperty(DestinationDataProvider.JCO_LANG, <en|de|fr|...>);

connectProperties.setProperty(DestinationDataProvider.JCO_POOL_CAPACITY, <e.g. 3>);

connectProperties.setProperty(DestinationDataProvider.JCO_PEAK_LIMIT, <e.g. 10>);

Due to seurity reasons this is not the recommended way. But since I guess your code will run on some SAP-ApplicationSserver in the end you can easyly set the Destionation properties in the NetWeaver Administrator (http://<server>:<port>/nwa) under Konfiguration -> Security -> Destinations

then you can use:

JCoDestinationManager.getDestination(<destinationName>);

to get a JCoDestination. This is more or less what you wanted with JCO.Client

I know the documentation on this Topic is not very detailed but with this few informations you should find what you need.

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have moved this thread to the Java Development forum. Hopefully you will have a better response on this forum.

Regards

Moderator.