cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect SLT to a non SAP source system(MSSQL)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wan to connect my SLT system(on DMIS SP05) to a MSSQL source(i.e. non SAP source system). However the DB connection requires "dbmssslib.so" file, which is not available in SMP. Is there any other way to connect to MSSQL source?

Edited by: Rahul Pant on Jan 3, 2012 7:28 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajarshi_muhuri
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You have to use data services to pull data from non SAP sources . Data services comes free with SAP HANA when the target system is SAP HANA.

actually real time data transfer is also possible with data services ( if you are particularly seeking that) , plus it does other stuff like pull selective columns of tables , or transformations while pulling data from sap and non sap sources

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

With SLT DMIS SP5 there is the possibility to replicate real-time from legacy databases(like oracle,maxdb, db6,mssql..), without using data services. I want to know how can i connect to MSSQL (using SLT) as "dbmssslib.so" is not available in SMP.

Regards, Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

need to instal mssql client on the slt server

and check the dbsl document also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Got a link for MSSQL driver for Linux:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=28160

Regards, Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul

I have the same requirement, I have SLT on Linux on x86_64 64bit and I need to connect to MSSQL

I have also looked for the DBSL for MSSQL in SMP but it does not exist.

I just want to know if the MSSQL Driver for Linux that you used works for any Linux?

Thanks a lot!!!

Best Regards!

Michele

Former Member
0 Kudos

More Info:

I am using Suse Linux Enterprise Server 11

Best Regards!

Michele

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajarshi, I feel like you could answer this question for me. This is a personal project that I am doing from home so cost is a big issue here.

I have a database in MS SQL server. I want to do analysis on the data in HANA since SQL server will not be able to handle the load. SAP has a trial version of HANA that I have running on a borrowed server. Right now I have been able to connect my MS SQL server to HANA using BODS 4.0. In order to get the BODS working I needed CMS running on the machine so I had to install Business Objects full suite to get the CMS. Please bear in mind I didn't have any guidance or knowledge and whatever I have done so far is from watching youtube videos. So far I have managed to get BODS and BO from an SAP friend on trial basis but of course this cannot go on for ever. Eventually when I am done with practicing creating my data model I want to use HANA on AMazon AWS with my SQL server. The problem is that i have not been able to find a solution where I can connect my SQL server to HANA and then send my delta data from SQL server to HANA as I need. With BODS I can do a manual delta upload (after doing the first/initial data load) from SQL server to HANA and it works perfectly.

Bearing in mind i'm completely new to HANA, can you think of a solution for connecting SQL server to HANA on Amazon AWS and being able to do delta loads manually? I have to do delta loads manually since I can only afford to run HANA on Amazon AWS for couple of hours a day. I do the delta load and then run my analytics, get the results and then shut down the AWS service. Then the next day I start the service, do the delta load and do my analytics and shut the service. I can even change the source database from SQL server to Oracle if needed.

Answers (0)