cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality inspected stock for the sales return material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the very first time I'm working on Reworking order type. There was a material from customer return. My client want to reprocess it. So for the testing purpose in quality, I activated inspection type 06 (Inspection for returns from customer) for the material and transferred it to QI. Then I created a manual inspection lot and made defects recording and usage decision as Rejected. Now my question is where will the stock go after usage decision?

Hoping for quick replies.

Thanks & Regards,

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

06 type is non-stck relevvant inspection type, where u need to put only RR, no stck posting tab is there in quality, instead of using 05 , assign 05 against return order type and process ur RR with Stck posting.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried doing with inspection type 05 and also changed movement type to 655 in the SD Returns. My problem is stock exists in returns as of now, I want to transfer that to QI but unable to do it with inspection type 05. I can do that with inspection type 06 and my client want to reprocess that particular material. So stock postings has to be done after QI. Can u give a better solution for it?

Thanks,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

means ur stck lying in quality, and u want to tranfer post it.

then u need to activate 08 inspection type against material and then use MB1C, against that transfer postting, lot will be their, and u remove after RR.

secondly, if there is 06 type activated in material master than procees ur UD and close the lot, after that use MB1b with 321 and remove stck frm QI. as 06 is non -stck relvent so system not interrupts you during Stck posting.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was talking about transferring stock from Returns to QI with inspection type 05. I'm testing it in development and i can only transfer stock from Returns to QI with inspection type 06. Am i missing some configuration?

Thanks,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

655 is for returns direct to QI stck. lot may be either 05 or 06 type.

if u want than as i already suggest you assign 05 type against return order type in Configuration (SPRO).

Quality management-> Quality Inspection -

> Quality Inspection -
> Inspection lot Creation> Inspection at shipping-->Define inspection lot origin to delivery type.

Regards

Edited by: D GURU on Jan 3, 2012 8:08 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Issue has been resolved. Thanks for the quick response.

Regards,

Praveen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

06 inspection is used for return goods wherin you dont require stock posting to be done. You need only need to do result recording and defect recording of the defects for return goods.

in some industries return goods are not any relevance to tacking them in to stocks again. so 06 inspection is well suited.

Make use of 05 inspection type for return goods if your client requires stock posting like scrap , rework etc. and cost incurred for repair the product is needed to capture