cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promotion Planning in DP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I am exploring Promotion Planning functionality in APO - DP and I have specific need to accomodate pricing as a part of promotion planning.

Since we offer different pricing for promotion items and this can be different from customer to customer. I would like to create place holder for pricing along with promotion qty in APO DP. My question is, Can APO DP promotion planning fulfill this requirement with standard functionality?

Any ideas?

Regards,

Harshil Desai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harshil,

Well, there are basically no limits as to what KFs can be displayed in a planning book. If you have a way to enter or extract the prices into your PA, then they can be displayed in your book.

That being said, I can't imagine a scenario where displaying promotional prices in a planning book would actually justify the effort required to create and maintain the functionality. Promotion Planning is designed to allow you to segregate the Promotional planning from the baseline planning, and thus see in greater detail how promotional planning affects the overall plan. I would think that Promotional Pricing would only be useful to you if your entire demand plan were priced, and you were using your DP as a sales budgeting tool. This would be a substantial project. If this is your goal, you probably should be looking at CRM instead of APO DP.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thak you so much.

After research I also concluded the same. Your responce is really helpful.

Regards,

Harshil Desai