cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EP logon schemes

jay_b2
Participant
0 Kudos

I have a NW 7.3 EHP1 EP (JAVA only) and ECC 6.0 ABAP Only systems.

I am planning to use uidpwdlogon login scheme for my portal users such that UME is lined to ECC ABAP. This will mean 1:1 for users in ECC and EP.

However, my EP team says that they need to display some reports from the BW system and they need me to map the user logging into EP to BW system user. Is it possible to have multiple UME's or what is the best way to achieve this ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jay,

Question : However, my EP team says that they need to display some reports from the BW system and they need me to map the user logging into EP to BW system user. Is it possible to have multiple UME's or what is the best way to achieve this ?

Ans: I dont think there is any option to have multiple UME's. You can configure SSO between your BI and EP, as that might help you to access reports if BI java is installed in EP systems,

We are using the similar scenario in which BI JAVA is in EP and they can fetch reports using EP from BI .

Regards,

Amit Barnawal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

UME connects to ABAP backend as datasource in following two ways:

1. connect to a dedicated application host and client

2. connect to a message server and use logon group.

I don't think, it is possible to connect to two ABAP as the data sources from one UME.

In your case, if your EP has BI Java , your EP user's can use BI Java to pull the reports. If you don't have BI-JAVA, you can install it as Additional Usage Type installation using JSPM.

Here are the links for BI-JAVA

After the install, here is the note you can configure BI-JAVA and BI-ABAP -

917950- SAP NetWeaver 2004s: Setting Up BEx Web (Check the Attached document in the note for Step by Step config with screenshots).

Hope this helps

Thanks,

Sravanthi

jay_b2
Participant
0 Kudos

I have two options while installing Use Java Database and Use External ABAP System.. If I choose Use external ABAP System today, can I switch to Java Database later ?

I got confused after reading Note 718383 that says "no changes possible"

Also, can I change from one ABAP system to other at a later stage ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jay,

After installation also you can change the data source. Frequent changes of UME is not recommended as it might lead to inconsistencies until unless it's requested by your client.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jay,

You can change UME later after installation as well.

Please look at link : http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/43/03e11edc6a6e99e10000000a11466f/content.htm

But its not recommended to change it frequently.

Regards,

Amit Barnawal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

There are 2 things i suppose.

1.Changing UME datasource from external ABAP to J2EE DB UME

Changing is from ABAP to J2EE DB UME is possible but not recommended by SAP as best practice. Check help doc and SAP Note:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/45/af3ac012d32e78e10000000a155369/content.htm

SAP Note:718383

2.Changing UME datasource from one external ABAP to other external ABAP datasource.

This help doc explains the scnerio of switching ABAP backend UME.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/43/03e11edc6a6e99e10000000a11466f/content.htm

Regards,

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have two options while installing Use Java Database and Use External ABAP System.. If I choose Use external ABAP System today, can I switch to Java Database later ?

> I got confused after reading Note 718383 that says "no changes possible"

>

> Also, can I change from one ABAP system to other at a later stage ?

Changing from ABAP UME to Java database is tricky because, as there is no users in your Java database and it does not restart. If you want to be sure to be able to do that, install using Java Database, then switch to ABAP UME. Then , you'll be able to switch back to Java database.

You can easily change from one ABAP system UME to an other ABAP system. But of course, you will need to create manually the needed technical users.

I have a SAP portal using ECC6 as the ABAP UME and we do use BW reports. We have set up SSO between SAP EP and BW portal and the users exist with the same username in BW and ECC6.

Regards,

Olivier

jay_b2
Participant
0 Kudos

As per your suggestion, I have put Java d/b as my initial UME and was planning to shift this to ECC ABAP.

However, there is a new need now.. to configure SSO between Portal and ECC ABAP, BI ABAP and SRM ABAP. Is this possible ?

1. I understand from above that for SSO between Portal and BI ABAP, I'll need to add BI JAVA to the portal. In this case would there be a separate place to configure BI UME ?

2. Can I also configure SSO to SRM ABAP at the same time ? or will SRM need a separate JAVA stack.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jay,

You can configure SSO between Portal and any other ABAP systems. You only need to export portal certificate and import into each backend ABAP systems and vice versa. Please keep in mind that in all ABAP systems, you should have your Portal certificate added to ACL from both client 000 and Production client (ex: 100).

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

jay_b2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jay,

>

> You can configure SSO between Portal and any other ABAP systems. You only need to export portal certificate and import into each backend ABAP systems and vice versa. Please keep in mind that in all ABAP systems, you should have your Portal certificate added to ACL from both client 000 and Production client (ex: 100).

>

> Hope it helps.

>

> Thanks,

> Siva Kumar

Thanks, I will work on this.. Can you also highlight if there are any pre-requisites ? I have heard that user id's should be the same across the systems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to keep it simple, keep the same user ids across all the systems.

It also much simplier for the users themselves !

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jay,

Yes. The configuration will be easy if you have same user across the landscape at least in Java and backend ABAP systems. Please go through the following wiki for configuration steps and pre-requisites.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/EP/SSO,ConfigurationSteps

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/77378b3d-0b01-0010-ffa5-c6941e286c43

Good Luck.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

Edited by: Siva Kumar Arivinti on Jan 27, 2012 7:09 PM