cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCODE PRAA and inactive employees

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

I'm new to tcode PRAA and I'd like to know if it's possible to create vendors from inactive employees.

For example: I have an expatriate. His original file is inactive - expatriate file active in HR - and I want to create the vendor using his original file.

Is it possible?

Thanks for your help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sally,

In our case, we need to "transform" employees into vendors to manage expenses - expenses being managed in another system than SAP.

As you said, when the tcode PRAA comes across an inactive file, it is rejected with an error message... And to allow expatriates to enter expenses, we need the original - and inactive - file with the correct cost center for Controlling.

Edited by: Matthieu on Jan 3, 2012 3:38 PM

0 Kudos

Hello Matthieu

I wonder if this relates to how you have configured your leaving action for inactive employees? Please check if the flag 'Maintenance permitted after leaving' is maintain in table V_T582A, for the relevant HR infotypes 0000, 0001 and

Then check if you configured a leaving action for Travel relevant employees?

You can find these under the tree menu for Person Related master data.

When an employee leaves the company, the general process is to create an action for the master data. You can either use the standard delivered action 'Org reassignment' or create/copy your own based on the standard.

You can do this in transaction PR05, menu point environment > personnel actions. Here you activate the radiobutton "Organizational reassignment"and press enter. Then you can create an action. You should use the action type 'leaving' (10).

That said, I am not sure if this will extend to PRAA as I could find no specific support issues from FI-TV side whereby the same checks will then allow vendor to be created - it seems to only be the case that bank update can occur for already created and previously active employess in which case would leave me to believe you would have to run PRAA in update mode to update having manually created the vendor in FI.

Sally

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sally,

I have checked table V_T582A and maintenance is permissible for all 3 infotypes. For the expatriates, we use a custom action composed of 2 actions. The first creates an "expatriate file" with a new pernr and the second inactivates the original file.

This expatriation action doesn't appear in the menu when I follow the path given by you - tcode PR05, menu point environment > personnel actions.

Also, I do not find any radio button. There is only a list of actions - very similar to tcode PA40 but instead it's tcode PRMM...

Thanks for your help!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OSS note 1835204 'RPRAPA00: Update/change also if inactive employees' allows PRAA to update vendor records with data from inactive employees.  It adds a new field to the selection screen: 'Change/update also if inactive employees'.  I have not tried to create new vendors but it updates address and bank data on existing vendors.  The note is valid since 3/17/2013.

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

I've tried that move already. Inactive employees are rejected.

Former Member
0 Kudos

and if you run the program with the keydate on the last day that he worked ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I haven't tried that yet. But it brings a question... How to get all these dates when you run a job for a population of employees?

In that case, do I need to modify the standard program in order to go read for every inactive employee the end date of the active file?

Former Member
0 Kudos

you should only do the upload once I think? because normally you schedule this program daily and for the new employees you won't have the same problem.

So I would maybe create a quick upload tool or an LSMW that will call this program for the inactive employees (once)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for this idea. I'm going to try it. I'll let you know - and award points if my question is solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwww yeeeeeeeeeeaaaaahhhhhh!

0 Kudos

In Travel the situation exists that employee must have active IT001 record and I have a suspicion that if this is not the case then the vendor will not create as the same is true that once the employee get inactive, the vendor is blocked and it is not possible to process this employee anymore in standard.

Former Member
0 Kudos

why don't you just try it (enter the PERNR of the inactive employee)

I think it should work