cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Item Validation

Former Member
0 Kudos

ESO Experts,

I have this particular requirement to make the location field as blank during Add Line Item (not during Add Material). I have already tried following logic on:

Collection validation - Target - LINE ITEMS

Validation Life cycle - Target Validate.

Iterating through each line item I am checking if Location has value then make it null. But there is a standard validation on Plant field which runs first and throws an error before the script runs:

"The selected plant location does not match the location of selected for this line item"

Your help in this will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Adarshpal Brar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Line item location is picked up from the location field in the header tab. I would suggest keeping it blank if you do not want any location to come in line item.

Regards

Mudit Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mudit,

Thanks for the reply.

In our case value for location field in Line Items is picked up from user profile and is pre populated. Please suggest if we can make it blank in this case.

Best Regards,

Adarshpal Brar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Unless you have written a custom code, Location is picked from enterprise default location and not user profile. Kindly verify.

In either case initially Location field in the header tab would be pre populated once you create the document and then when you create line item, it would pick up the location from header location field.

Posiible solution would remain the same that you leave the Location field in the header tab blank. This would, in turn make sure that when you create a line item no location would get added by default.

Regards

Mudit Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mudit,

We do not have written custom code for this. But yes the value for location field is being picked up from user profile only. I am able to make Location file blank and subsequently the location fields in line items are also blank. Appreciate your pointer on this. But now I am facing another issue where in our environment location field is hidden and when the script is executing user is not able to save the document. Please help in this.

Best Regards,

Adarshpal Brar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Actually I thought the reference was to Rfx but it seems you are trying to keep location field blank for a master agreement.

Since Location is a mandatory field, it can not be left blank in a master agreement. As a work around I would suggest creating a location "N/A" and assign it to the location field. Same would appear for all the line items as well.

Regards

Mudit Saini