cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue while converting turkish text in PDF via SMARTFORMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts ,

We are currently involved in translating an application to Turkish. Though the translation is completely done, when we test the issue we find that the application is working perfectly with the Turkish text but the transfer of data from application to the PDF via SMARTFORM is not working correctly. We find that the issue is due to 3 characters in Turkish which are (Ğ,İ,ş), We found out that this issue can be resolved using the OSS Note 625818.

However we have another issue which has cropped up.

Wherever certain characters are being printed the characters right after them are printing at the same location and thus overlapping.

For eg:

Whenever the character u201CIu201D is printed it is being overlapped by the character which is supposed to be printed after it instead of printing next to it.

Should be - İN

Currently - both are overlapping

Any idea on how can this be fixed?

when I actually tried to copy the text from PDF and paste it in this email the character u201CIu201D is replaced by the character u201CÝu201D in this email text box.

Please find below the actual text from the PDF. The u201C u201D is seen nowhere and is replaced by the u201CÝu201D.

GÖREVÝN DEGERLENDÝRÝLMES

we have found a solution for the same which is to give a tab space between the İ and N but this will lead to unnecessery space in the application.

Thank You!

Best Regards

Bonny

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We cannot print some characters as such, so try converting it to string or char then go for PDF.

Check the below link and note:

[;

Thanks,

Renuka.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renuka,

Thank you for providing me the inputs.I tried running the program as mentioned but still the issue persists.

Thank You!

Best Regards

Bonny