cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WC Items Tag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to make tag for WCI's in WCD. An conflict case comes default that is already these items are in ETG status for other WCD. It stops the whole process of tagging, print tag.....

My client Requirement he doesn't want that error message he wants only warning message and that shouldn't stop the process.

So, Please tell me how to do the customization for this ?

Regards,

VArma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keerthi,

I Know the conflict cases well. But, My requirement is different system should give warning message only, it shouldn't stop the process. My question is how to do configuration for that?

Regards,

Varma

sebastian_lenartowicz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Greetings Varma,

An adequate authorization is required for the user to be able to "skip" a conflict. A message prompt will appear and a WCI will be given status SS CONF if it is in a conflict that is ignored. You could have your SAP Security team create a role & profile with the auth object I_CONFLICT , I believe.

More info can be found here: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/30/12701746b611d4a7850060087a7a74/content.htm

However, I would strongly advise that you do not enable this authorization in the system for ordinary users, as ignoring conflicts can lead to serious safety hazards - the conflicts are there for a reason, to prevent Maintenance personnel from undertaking work under inappropriate conditions!

Perhaps it would be better to review your Conflict rules (Work Clearance Management > Lockout/Tagout > Maintain Conflict Rules) with your PM/WCM BPO, maybe replacing some "Red" conflict rules with "Yellow" (warning message) only where appropriate, and make sure that the Operations and Maintenance personnel understand this functionality well, knowing how to replace "Red" conditions with "Green" ones and reconcile multiple WCDs, rather than seek to work around it.

If you enable ignoring conflicts, it can easily escape control, and I recommend you only enable it for super users if you really, really need to.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sebastein,

I dont gave any authorisations to anybody regarding this conflict rules. I will clearly explain my problem below.

1) In maintenance screen of WCD i gave one technical object ex:- equipment (xxxxxx01) and make tagging position that is status of(ETG) after that i totally neglect that. (WCD NO-321)

2) After few days for another WCD i made same as above the system gave an error message that already this technical object in status (ETG in WCD 321).

i dont want the error message here. i want only warning message at this point. How will i do customization for that?

Regards,

Bhanu Pradeep.

sebastian_lenartowicz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Greetings Bhanu,

If it's a "conflict check" error, you can either give the users auth to skip, the conflict (not recommended) or set up conflict rules so that the Tagging Conditions that you're using only appear as "yellow" or "green conflicts" - warning / information messages. You can do this in the SPRO path I specified.

If you've a "time frame check" error, you can to disable this in the WCA App Profile as I believe you've detailed in your other thread.