cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Mapping between Services and BDC Models

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Iam facing issue at Duet Server. In my scenario, in Create Mapping Between Services and BDC Models step of SIMGH transaction,

Getting error: External Name is not maintained.

Here you will have to provide the External name if the SOAP service

How can I get the External Name of the SOAP service for the corresponding BDC/Resource Name?

Please suggest me as Iam new in this area.

Thanks in advance,

Kris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In Create Mapping Between Services and BDC Models step of SIMGH transaction,

we have to provide the External name if the SOAP service

How can I get the External Name of the SOAP service for the corresponding BDC/Resource Name?

Please suggest me as Iam new in this area.

Thanks in advance,

Kris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kris,

You can get the SOAP service internally called by BDC model by 2 steps:

1. Get the WSDL URL:

Open the BDC model XML file. FInd the XML node <LobSystemInstance> and copy the URL of the service under the property "WcfEndpointAddress". This is the WSDL URL has the definition of the SOAP service. If the URL is some thing like:

https://xyz:44370/sap/bc/srt/pm/sap/ziwxzsorg10zsales_organization/100/local/duet_enterprise_saml/2/binding_t_https_a_wsse_ziwxzsorg10zsales_organization_duet_enterprise_saml_l

then the high lighted part is the internal name of the SOAP service. You can get it even from the WSDL URL found under the Node <Lob System>

2. Get the external name of the SOAP service:

Go to transaction SOAMANAGER -> "Service Admnistration" tab -> CLick on "WebService Configurations" -> Select "Service Definition" in the Drop down for field Search By -> Enter the copy high lighted part (Ex: ziwxzsorg10zsales_organization) in the field Search Pattern and hit Go.

This will provide the service information and the External Name of the service can be seen from the resulting data under the column "External Name".

Thanks,

Girimurugan