cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Track and Software components

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Step1: We have a track "TRACK1" for NW 7.0 development with the software component "SC_X" where we have Webdynpro DC's.

Step2: For migrating to CE 7.1, we created track "TRACK2" and copied SC "SC_X" updated with CE supporting dependent SC's. We migrated the Webdynpro components.

Step3: Now, we want to utilize the track "TRACK1" for CE development with the updated SC "SC_X" (where we migrated webdynpro components to CE as mentioned in step2).

Please suggest me how can I proceed?

Do I need to delete the existing SC "SC_X" (which is NW7.0 compatible) from track "TRACK1" (as metioned in step1) and copy the new SC (mentioned in step2) ? If so please let me know the steps.

Thanks!

Patana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

don't know if it is doable. you can try:

1. just like how you create track2, do the same to the track1, update assigned sc and dependency

2. then forward the sc from track2 to track1.

did you have any development in track1 after the development of the track2?

if yes, you have to resolve the conflict.

why you want to do that? it seems no sense...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the response!

The idea of upgrading track "TRACK1" is that, in track "TRACK2" we have updated (migrated) components for development & we would like to utilize the existing track "TRACK1" as a maintainance track instead of creating new track.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

why not just create a new?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I have created a new TRACK as you suggested and copied all the SC's including software component "SC_X" where we have Webdynpro DC's.

But all the DC's inside my software component "SC_X" are missing.

Could you please suggest me how can I copy the complete sofware contents (including SC) from Test system (I want to take the contents which is available currently in Test Tab of CMS).

Regards,

Patana

pramod_gopisetty1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to http://<hostname>:<portno>/SCS/SCDownload

Give the details of name space and track name from where you want to move the SC.

Select Assembly in the system and download the SC.

Keep the downloaded SC in cms/inbox and you should be seeing the SC in check-in tab of new track and import it and follow the same process of moving in NWDI.

Hope this helps.

Cheers-

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

I followed the steps mentioned as below:

Go to CMS -> Landscape Configurator - Select Track (Source) - Save As button - Enter all the details like Track ID, Name and select check box if needed.

From Transport Studio -> Select Source Track -> go to Approval Tab -> Forward from History-> Give target.

Import Development, consolidation Tab and now in Assembly is failing it says there are broken DC's.

I just tried to modify the code using NWDS so that I can check-in and activate now version.

But I could not modify the files (I imported the configuration & created project with inactive source ). It gives me below error:

FAILED: server response: Forbidden [(pre||post)-condition failed: DAV:access-denied]

Please suggest.

pramod_gopisetty1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Close NWDS and open it again.

Before you start modifying connect to the DTR and then start modifying the code.

Hope this helps.

Cheers-

Pramod