Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPINST NW EHP1 - Export only JAVA schema and sdmkit in Dual Stack system

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

As i remember, we can export just the JAVA schema and its file system content in dual stack system with previous sapinst. However, this doesn't exist in latest SAPINST for NW EHP1?

I tried option -> System Copy -> Oracle -> Source System Export -> ABAP + JAVA -> DB and CI

:: In this option, it no longer prompts which schema to export, as it will export both ABAP and JAVA

then i tried: system Copy -> Oracle -> Source System Export ->JAVA -> DB and CI

:: In this option, sapinst goes to export my ABAP + JAVA SCHEMA again!!

If i check database specific tool -> it'll only export the file system content but not the JAVA Schema along.

FYI, i'm performing the dual-stack split, before that, i need to export the JAVA Schema and its sdmkit before deleting it from source, and import to new SID for JAVA subsequently.

In this case, how can i export JAVA schema with sapinst? (latest)

Thanks,

Nicholas chang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Select the option system Copy -> Oracle -> Source System Export ->JAVA -> DB and CI.

In the SAPINST dialog , select the option "start migration monitor manually" .

Provide the export directory.

Start the export .

Once SAPINST say " confiure migmon and start manually" , just skip and move ahead with JAVA export.

Once done , go to the export directory .. delete the ABAP directory and edit the file LABELIDX.ASC and remove ABAP from the file.

Your JAVA schema + persistent filesystem data is exported.

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks. But will this export my ABAP Schema as well? I don;t want my ABAP Schema to be exported as the DB size is huge!

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since you skip invoking the MIGMON manually , ABAP export will not happen . You will basically export only the JAVA stack .Some files such as STRs, TPLs etc will be generated , so thats why delete the ABAP directory under the export directory.

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ratnajit Dey ,

Thanks for the useful info. DUAL STACK SPLIT tool just released, been waiting for it over the weekend. I'll use this tool for the splitting.

Thanks,

Nicholas Chang