cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Administration Certification Information Required

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am Rushikesh having 9 yrs experience in server, database and application administration. In my present company, I have chance to work on SAP Administration, but for that I need to prove myself by passing the SAP Administration Certification Exam. I have couple of queries as below:

1) Can I appear the exam with self study, or there is any compulsion for course or training? I am a self learner and I have some ebooks and other study material. Also have trial SAP installer and SAP environment in my office to practice.

2) How many exams are there for SAP Administration? What are the exam codes

3) Where are the exam center in India? Are there any in Mumbai?

4) Which database is widely used for SAP? I have heard for Oracle. Correct me I am wrong.

5) Best Books to study. I have McGraw.Hill.SAP.NetWeaver.Portal.Technology.The.Complete.Reference.Jun.2008 at present.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rushikesh,

All your queries will be answered in the following link. Please take a look at it.

http://www.sap.com/training-and-education/index.epx

I suggest you to go through TADM10, TADM12 and DB specific document.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rushikesh,

I advise you to first read Mc.grahil hand book before starting the TADM's, because TADMS are combination of ABAP+JAVA stack. so you have to learn ABAP stack administration first before starting with JAVA stack.

So please go ahead with Mc.grahil R/3 hand book and if your company offers the Trainings from SAP then that would be a great opportunity for you. please find the below answers for your queries.

1) Can I appear the exam with self study, or there is any compulsion for course or training? I am a self learner and I have some ebooks and other study material. Also have trial SAP installer and SAP environment in my office to practice.

you can't now, because you dont have an experiance in SAP so SAP wont allow you to go ahead with your self study.

if you have experiance for arout 5 + years then you can go ahead with your own. Please find the below policies to appear the Certification exams for SAP. you have to met those conditions.

since you are going for the certification with your own so To appear for certification without attending any SAP course you need to fulfill the following criteriau2019s:

1 To appear for Associate level certification without attending any SAP course you need Minimum 1 year of SAP Implementation Experience with minimum of 6 months experience in the module and version in which you wish to take up certification. To appear for Professional level certification without attending any SAP course you need Minimum to 4 - 7 years of SAP Implementation Experience with minimum of 6 months experience in the module and version in which you wish to take up certification. (Note that Support and testing experience is not accounted for direct certification in all SAP modules except ABAP)

2 The last 1 year should be with your present employer

3 Your present employer should be a CUSTOMER or PARTNER of SAP

2) How many exams are there for SAP Administration? What are the exam codes

2 levls of certification exams we have, Associate level and professional level. first level is associate level.

3) Where are the exam center in India? Are there any in Mumbai?

you can take up the test at online, yes you have centre in Mumbai as well.

4) Which database is widely used for SAP? I have heard for Oracle. Correct me I am wrong.

yes you are correct as of now most of the SAP implementations runing on Oracle.

5) Best Books to study. I have McGraw.Hill.SAP.NetWeaver.Portal.Technology.The.Complete.Reference.Jun.2008 at present.

Mc.grawhill books are good for the SAP beginners for SAP administration.

-Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Thanks a lot for detailed response. I have some couple of queries. Please reply to it

1) As you mention, "To appear for Associate level certification without attending any SAP course you need Minimum 1 year of SAP Implementation Experience with minimum of 6 months experience in the module and version in which you wish to take up certification". How SAP will come to know that I have worked on SAP Implementation? Our company is a SAP customer. Will it be the case that my department will issue a certificate stating that I have worked on SAP implementation? Also, I did not understand by "6 month of experience in module and version".

2) Please tell me exam codes for Associate and Professional level of certification in SAP Administration.

I have worked for some duration on SAP administration in my previous company, when the SAP Admin resigned on 1 week notice period and I was asked to perform the administration (routine check and troubleshooting for database and application), till the alternative can be arranged. I found interest in SAP and also, there is good career opportunity in it.

Regards,

Rushikesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rushikesh,

2) Please tell me exam codes for Associate and Professional level of certification in SAP Administration.

Ans: follow these 2 links to know SAP certifictaion codes :

http://www.sapcertification.info/viewpage.php?page_id=46

http://www.sap.com/india/services/education/certification/schedule/index.epx

1) 1) As you mention, "To appear for Associate level certification without attending any SAP course you need Minimum 1 year of SAP Implementation Experience with minimum of 6 months experience in the module and version in which you wish to take up certification". How SAP will come to know that I have worked on SAP Implementation?

Ans: 1 year criteria is not fixed as I know, they ask for the hands on because only with theoretical knowledge it will be tough for you to pass the certification, thats why they suggests to have atleast 1 year experience in implementation.

Our company is a SAP customer. Will it be the case that my department will issue a certificate stating that I have worked on SAP implementation?

Yes, it will work.

There is differnece between module and version:

There are lots of SAP modules , for eg: SAP CRM, SAP SRM, SAP ECC etc. and there are different versions for all of them.

Regards,

Amit Barnawal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks for the reply. As you mentioned that there are lots of modules is SAP. Does it matter for NewWeaver administration? As per my thinking, whatever is the functionality of module, the architecture will be same, Correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,

Rushikesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rushikesh,

Does it matter for NewWeaver administration? As per my thinking, whatever is the functionality of module, the architecture will be same,

Yes, you are absolutely right,

Architecture is almost same, ie

1)ABAP stack architecture

2)Java stack architecture

3)Dual stack architecture.

It changes slightly if you go for higher availabilty.

It will be available in all SAP Administartor basic books.

Regards,

Amit Barnawal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks for the reply. I have gathered some of the E-Books mentioned beiow :

1) TADM10-SAP NetWeaver AS Implementation & Operation I

2) TADM12-SAP NetWeaver AS Implementation & Operation II

3) TADM10-SAP Web AS Implementation & Operation I

4) TADM12-SAP Web AS Implementation and Operation II

5) TADM51-Database Administration Oracle

As per my knowledge, for C_TADM51_70 exam, I need to prepare only for book no. 1, 2 and 5 in the above list. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,

Rushikesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rushikesh,

You have to read all 5 documents to clear the NW certification C_TADM51_70.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos