cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Shipping Port Details

Former Member

Hi All,

I have a requirement where my customer has 50 different ports we need to delivery at. So 50 different ship to party needs to be maintained.

Is there any other way where we can maintain all this 50 different shipment points and choose while creating sales order for this customer.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

While creating Sales Order.

In Header - Partner - Ship-to Party - Change address

To do so, select the Ship-to Party and double click on name.

It will pop up address dialog.

Update address.

This updation of address will not effect the actual customer master for Ship-to party.

And this address will copies to subsequent docs.

Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JP,

Thanks for the info. But this is what our end users do now. But they tend to create human error while entering address by themselves. Hence we wanted to store all the addresses so that while entering sales order user have to select address and not enter them manually.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then rightly suggested by Lakshmipathi Sir.

Every time a new shipping address will is introduced, you need to add/update new ship-to party.

Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ankit,

In T.code OVL2 you can determine up to 12 shipping point for the combination of Shipping condition + Loading group + Plant,so to

wards achieve your requirement you have to maintain different shipping condition or loading group,plant should be same.

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its not about shipping point. It is more like ship to party.. for one my customer there are 50 locations where we can deliver. and customer determines it at their will. so I need to define 50 different ship to party. is there any other way where I can select shipping address.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anyway you are going to create 50 ship to address. So simultaneously, you also assign those 50 Ship To's in the respective Sold To Customer.

This is a one time exercise and by doing so, whenever sale order is created, system will propose all those Ship Tos and your client can choose as per their requirement.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Lakshmipathi,

This is the solution what we have kept in mind. But since there is a long list of customer which have more than 10 shipping locations, I didnt want to create so many master data and hamper the processing speed of the server.