cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document overview in ME23N - how to enlarge the window?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear collegues,

Happy New Year 2012!

In transaction ME23N (and similar like ME21N, ME22N, ME51N, ME52N, ME53N) it isn't possible to change the width of window "Document overview". There is not active "resize" cursor of righ border.

It happened after moved this window maximum to the left.

Please suggest what I have to do?

Best regards,

Aldona Leonowicz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

patrick_farrelly
Explorer
0 Kudos

Refer to KB article 2261204

Also Note 2544701

Permanent solution:

The issue described above will be fixed by an SAP GUI for Windows patch. In section "SP Patch Level" you can find information, which patches contain the respective correction. Please install this patch or a newer one (SAP GUI patches are always cumulative).

If the section "SP Patch Level" is not available or the information about which patch contains the correction is missing, this means that this has not been determined, yet. In this case, please re-check this SAP Note at a later point of time.

Workarounds until the solution (via patch) is available:

• The user can resize the docker via keyboard by moving the focus to the sash of the docker (TAB key) and then using Cursor Right key. However, this will not prevent the issue from occurring again when the user moves the sash to the extreme left position again.
  • You can use the approach from SAP Note 2505689 to increase the minimal width of the docker. This will prevent the error from occurring, but it will also increase the minimal width of all dockers which may not be desired in some applications which want a smaller width of their docker.

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Please, change SAP GUI font size to 20 pts, (log off and log back on) then enter to ME21N. you will be able to make the section bigger. (you can change back font to original size)

0 Kudos

Hi,

This problem dosn't exist 7.5 version. It is related to SAPGUI settings and version differences.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I remember that I had the same issue a couple weeks ago, as I worked from home via Citrix portal, but did not have the problem from my PC.

anyway as an idea, try in ME22N instead of ME23N.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

responsible for the width are following entries in table ESDUS

MEPO SAPLMEGUI/0000 Tree-On X

MEPO SAPLMEGUI/0000 Tree-Width 462

MEPO Tree-Control Tree-On X

MEPO Tree-Control Tree-Width 462

Change yours to a value like shown above or remove those lines at all.

(there is no regular maintenance transaction for this table)

OSS Note 197012 - ME21N: Document overview - standard variant saved for PReq

has a report ZDELEDUS attached which can be used to delete all entries of a certain user from that table

Former Member
0 Kudos

ESDUS table is the key to the problem... It happens when we access through citrix... If you drag the window to left and at same moment you change the personal settings, it gets stored in table ESDUS causing the mentioned issue.

I had similar issue. I fixed it by logging into SAP without citrix (Some other means, Frontend or Web Gui)... dragged the window back to original.. Saved the personal setting in ME*n transaction and then good to go....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I has tried to do it but it does not help as well...

Any another suggestion?

Best regards

Aldona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear collegue,

Thank you for your answer.

I have tried to do it several time but it doesn't work.

System remember the width of the left window and switch off/on does not help.

Window of 'Document overview is still very slim- narrow'. Still the same.

The special double-arrow does not appear on right vertical line of that window...

Do you have any another suggestion?

Best regards

Aldona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check in Personal Settings - Basic Settings - Compile doc overview automatically is Ticked.

Regards,

Rahul Patil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once you scroll the width extreme to Left ,click on Document Overview OFF Button.

So next when you open Document Overview ON, it will Open with its Original SAP Area.

Regards,

Rahul Patil.

uk_yelamuri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to switch of the Document overview and then turn it on, it will reset the width.