cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QUA to PRD transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I know after releaseing the Transport from DEV system ....we can import that in QUA system for "TESTING".

If the test is successful.......then can we import that to production .............(I am confused here if it is the procedure)

I mean do we have any kind of approval procedure from QUA ......so that it will be avilable at PRD system queue from importing.............

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Depending on the approval process in place, the TR can be approved for movement from QA to PRD.

Generally,a lead from the testing team or someone from Client team would be the one to provide an approval.

This can be either by mail or maybe directly through STMS_QA - depending on the approval procedure.

Regards,

Varun

jay_b2
Participant
0 Kudos

Unless your STMS is customized you wont have any approval from QA to Prod; Although you can take help from your developers to bring in such functionality.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Here every thing is fine ...including STMS configuration......I am a BASIS Guy ..we generally do import only from Quality to PRD....

We have a requirement now for transporting from DEV->QUA->PRD.....

So asked this question....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a requirement now for transporting from DEV->QUA->PRD

Thats the standard procedure for movement of tarnsports.

You may configure an approval procedure using STMS_QA.

Please refer foll. for the same.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/9c/a544d2c57111d2b438006094b9ea64/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/44/b4a0137acc11d1899e0000e829fbbd/content.htm

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Once the transport request is released from DEV system after getting approval from owner of the request/functional lead, that request is available in Quality system buffer (you should be able to see that request in Quality import queue). Once that request is imported into Quality system, the respective team will test it and give approval to import the same to Production. Then you will import the request into production.

For all these steps you should have proper approvals from client/functional leads. The approval process depends on client environment.

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siva,

As you said "the respective team will test it and give approval to import the same to Production"...

May I know how to give the approval ..........from QAS system.....??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As I said, this procedure is different for different clients. Usually approval process will be done through mails.

Few clients use different tools like Rev-trac for approval and documentation.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar