Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC6.0 vs optisuite

former_member1195642
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Friends

Optisuite is an SAP approved add on to address the requirement of CIN India for reporting and printing legal and fiscal requirement.

Now my client is migrating to ECC 6.0 and they want to discontinue the optisuite. I want to know to what extent ECC 6.0 offers to meet CIN reporting and printing requirement. Can we totally opt out optisuite and remain in ECC 6.0 without much pain.

Can some one provide me a help what ECC 6.0 does not offere which optisuite does.

Regards,

Neeraj Srivastava

Edited by: neeraj.srivastava15 on Jan 2, 2012 6:39 AM

Edited by: neeraj.srivastava15 on Jan 2, 2012 6:42 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In ECC6, CIN part will be taken care of, for domestic process but from exports points of view, no, it is not possible to address in standard SAP.

That is why many clients have gone for third party software for CIN especially for exports / imports and optisuite is one among those vendors who provide an exhaustive package.

As you should be aware, in exports, multiple process being followed by Indian Exporters like EPCG, Advance Licence, Duty Drawback etc., which are all addressed in optisuite. Else it will be a major task for you to configure via zee table

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member1195642
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks team for the valuable inputs.

Regards,

Neeraj Srivastava

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per my experience on this, one thing sure is you will be able to see preview of output in spool for ECC 6.0.

But, I have taken & seen print on both optio & smartform output.

There isn't any difference in layout & look and feel.

In my opinion, I suggest that slowly & gradually phasing out optio & moving to smartform and introducing to different location will be a better idea, then immediately moving out.

For functional, I don't think there is any much involvement for this migration, apart from test scripts for testing, validating output, condition record maintenance of output type & choosing correct printer.

Regards

JP