Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PGI Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I wish you Happy new year 2012 to all,

System is allowing Post date for the current month at the time PGI.

If we give future date system is taking it, It is not even showing waring message.

My user is asking to restrict this and system should take current date.

Thanks and Regards

Subbu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked example. I gave planned GI as Jan 12, 2012 & Actual as Jan 15, 2012. The system accepted and posted goods. The date on material doc also shows as Jan 15, 2012. So, the system allows future PGI date in standard process.

The only was to restrict this is to use delivery user exit as mentioned by other analysts. Just thought of sharing it.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
If we give future date system is taking it

Were you talking about Selection date in the initial VL01N screen or the Actual GI Date ??

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Subbu,

Goto Tcode MMRV and enter the company code.

Then uncheck the "Allow posting to previous period" checkbox.

This action restricts the user, if the future date is entered instead of current date.

Thanks,

Priya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi priya,

Thanks for your support,

I have checked it, settings are fine, as per you said.

My user is changing the date for current period only.

EG: delivery document is on 02.01.2012 and user is changing the date as 15.01.2012.

where it is wrong, because as the delivery document is posted in current date and stock will be updated in current date.

So now my user want to restrict the system not to allow for future date of the current period.

Thanks and Regards

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope this is standard behavior.In sale order when the scheduled line's are confirmed system will allow to do the delivery on

confirmed date,irrespective of document date.

Ex: In sale order scheduled line's are confirmed on 10.01.12 created on today 02.01.12 in VL01n if you give date 02.01.12

system throw the error,but if you give 10.01.12 it will allow you to do the delivery and PGI.You can use the field *Actual GI

date* this date will be taken in to consideration to generate the material document.

If you want to prevent this behavior need to go for enhancement.

Regards

Ram

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is b'coz you are creating delivery doc with future date (non-current period).

But, you are posting Good Issue(GI) in current period.

As material were available thats why system allowed you for GI.

Check the material doc that is posted in current not on future date.

Kindly check the same and confirm.

Even you can try this "non-current period".

Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

Thanks for your support,

User has created delivery document in current period only but he is changing the PGI date for future date in the current period.

At that time system is allowing, where as it shluold not be allow because as the stock is already been put for the day.

Thanks and Regards

Subramanyam.N

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I hope you understand, there can be difference of days b/w picking date & GI date.

On 02.01.2012, if you are trying to do PGI in current period (01.12) for future date(15.01.2012).

I don't think system is going to throw any error/warning,

Whereas, if for the same scenario, where you posting date for PGI is (01.02.2012 or 21.12.2011) in current period (01.12). The system will throw error, as posting is not from current period.

Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

Excatly you were right,

Now any settings can be done to restrict that future date.

Please help me if you have any suggestions.

Thanks and Regards

Subbu

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I believe there are no standard settings to prevent future PGI date (in the same month).

To achieve this you will to apply a exit in Delivery & write ABAP code to check the system date & PGI date & throw error if PGI date is in future.

Use either of the following exits:

MV50AFZ1 or V50S0001

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh Mehta

Thanks for your support,

Ok i will try with this.

Let me get back with good feedback.

Thanks and Regards

Subbu

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As already suggested by Jignesh, you can use V50S0001 - User Exits for Delivery Processing.

By maintaining this it will assist you in altering the systems standard behaviour.

Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subbu,

Go to T.code MMRV un check the allow posting to previous period or the same setting can be controlled through T.code OMSY.

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Thanks for your support,

I dont have any issue with posting periods related to MMRV,

My concern is system is allowing current future period,

system is taking if we give 15.01.2012 date at the time of PGI, where as system is not suppose to take it,

It should take only 02.01.2012, other wise system should show error or warning message.

Thanks and Regards

Subbu.