cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Alert Message to mobile device from SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Can i send an alert message directly to any mobile device from SAP ? or i have to used Sybase as a middle layer ?

And is there any way to send alert through Sybase Server without creating its MBO ?

Regards,

Tapan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Oliver.

When i will used SAP , Netweaver and ESDMA file for Alert so in that process, would i have to do some manually steps in Sybase for sending Alert to device or an alert directly received in Device from SAP ?

Regards,

Tapan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tapan,

yes, this is the most complex scenario and there is a lot of development and setup necessary to archive this. But if you know what to do it is eay, casue push is for free.

But you need to develop a datamodel, a native app, connect several servers,.... It is basically more setup then development (except the native app) but at the end you need to know exactly what to do, to get the most out of this approach.

Would Workflow help you? This is more easy to archive I would say - even it has some downsites.... ?

Regards,

Oliver

Edited by: Oliver Kaluscha on Jan 4, 2012 11:20 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Workflow really helps me a lot but to execute workflow and send a notification to mobile device, i have to do some manually steps and that i dont want.

And thanks for your reply, now i am looking for how to setup these all things like NW gateway, how to used ESDMA and other things.

If you have any link related to those setups then please share it

Regards,

Tapan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tapan,

do you have any chat option like Skype, MSN, etc? I guess there is another option for you to solve this....

You talk about eMail you need to send - well, do you know:

if you send a SMS to a mobile phone, you can setup the phone to show an alert window, to react on this SMS and reply automatically. Many great apps are build on simple SMS and the technical setup is really small.....

From what I see: SUP is nice but it sounds like shooting with canons on small birds... if you understand what I am talking about

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

My Skype ID : tapan.nathvani

When i will generate any request (Like TravelRequest, LeaveRequest,etc... ) in SAP at that time an email message has been sent automatically to the mobile device. So for that, Which tools or software i have to used ? And can i have to develop any code in SAP ABAP for triggering ?

Regards,

Tapan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Oliver Sir,

Like in Sybase, We have to send a notification manually to Mobile device, but i want to send email message alert when SAP user create travel request, sales order, etc. . . , so for this , can i have to used NetWeaver as a gateway ?

Regards,

Tapan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tapan,

well, if I would have to do that..... I would at least need Sybase to keep development low. at the end you do not really need Sybase for this... but without SUP development effort is really high.

Okay, in short:

each device has its wn dedicated listener concept for push messages. This is platform dependend and you need to develop a native solution for this. It is possible, but it takes some time.

If you want to be native, with Sybase you get this more or less for free. Issue here: Sybase does only support push notifications out of the box in the most complex scenario: therefore you need SAP backend, Netweaver Mobile Middleware, SUP and connect NW Mobile and SUP by ESDMA file. This gives you push from backend to device for free on nearly all plattforms out of the box.

So at the end the first question qould be: how much do you want to develop?

Or is it wnough for you to have SUP workflow? Benefit on Workflow: development effort is low, works out of the box, is multi plattform - but like every sunshine there is some shadow - performance of this approach is not really nice. Anyway, it could solve your issue: you receive an eMail in your device, this opens the workflow app and you can accept or decline for example a travel request.

Would that elp?

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

simple question: what about SMS for example?

Regards,

Oliver