cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return code = 1 problem during upload from work station

Former Member

Hello, I am trying to load a flat file from my local workstation to the datasource. But when I try to click on load example data in the proposal tab it gives the error of Return code =1. can someone please advise why this would be happening. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi,

Make sure the data file is closed while doing Preview.

Regards,

Anil Kumar Sharma .P

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is closed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zack,

A flat file load can result in an error due to following 3 reasons:

1) The file is open as an excel/csv instance while trying to load it.( you have already checked for it, this is not the case for you).

2) There might be some unaccepted characters like exponential values etc. in the data which results in it erroring out. The way to handle this is to check for such data within file and correct it. As a test, prepare another flat file with only around 10-20 records from the first file which you are sure that the data is right and try to load it. If it works, that means the issue is with the data in the former flat file. If the test file fails too,

3) Check the order & type of infoobjects within the flat file with the order & type as marked in data source for compatibility. Make sure they are in right order and check the data in flat file corresponds. For example an infoobject of type NUMC cannot accept a record corresponding to the data marked as INDIA(or any other word for that matter).

Check for these and let me know if it helps. ALso, please post your question in BW forum as you may get greater assistance there as it is more a BW question.

Thanks,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

2nd alternative you gave worked. thanks a lot.

Answers (0)