cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg: Lowest sold price & Current price

0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I am developing a report, wherein a scenario i need. "Lowest sold price" & "Current price"

- Current price not based on transaction i.e [Condition record no]. Instead in report will use the Material No. as input and get the condition records maintained in the condition table. from which table i can get this data.

- Lowest sold price from all the previous sales done for that particular material alone.

Please give your valuable suggestions

Regards

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This requirement might be more complex than it seems and it depends heavily on the specific configuration and definitions by the business. I'm assuming Praveen is an ABAP developer. Specification for such report should be written by an SD expert and it needs to be more detalied than "lowest sale price". Below are just a few points to consider / take to the local SD expert.

1. Material # may be included in many conditions and many access sequences. An SD expert need to explain all that are involved in your system. Tables names (AXXX) will depend on the specific configuration. For an ABAPer, an easy way to find the table name is to start SQL trace (ST05), change a condition record and check the trace log.

2. If there are scales involved, it adds another complexity level and additional table.

3. What is a definition of "sale"? Some businesses consider sales documents (VBAK/VBAP) as "sale", even if they don't get invoiced (e.g. order gets cancelled). Others consider only what's billed.

4. What is the definition of "sold price"? List price at a time without any additional discount / manual overrides? Then it needs to be clarified further (i.e. what conditions to consider). If it's just a net price then I'd suggest to read VRPMA table (which is indexed by material) and JOIN it with VBRP to get NETWR and divide by sale quantity. No need to read any condition records in this case.

Overall such reports should really be done in BW/BI or some other software. Running such report in R3 for an extended period of time could cause performance issues.

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Praveen,

- Current price not based on transaction i.e Condition record no. Instead in report will use the Material No. as input and get the condition records maintained in the condition table. from which table i can get this data.

What i suggest is , you will be having a condition table with MATERIAL as Access in your access sequence.

Prefix that condition table no with A and AXXX will be the table for getting the rate of the material.

- Lowest sold price from all the previous sales done for that particular material alone.

You need to use VBRP . Input material as MATNR.

Take that list to VBRK and fetch the KNUMV.

Put that KNUMV in KONP / KONV with KSCHL = condition type for your price and sort it and pick the lowest entry.

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can try with Program /1SDBF12L/RV14AK15 or consider tables VBAK / VBRK with the combination of VBAP / VBRP & KONV. But you have to restrict the From-To period as otherwise, system will take long time to fetch the data and from basis point of view, this is not acceptable.

G. Lakshmipathi

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Mr Lakshmipathi,

If i consider VBAK or VBRK , then the price which fetch is only specific to that particular transaction. Means I will Use the Condition record number to pass thru KONP and get condition price. sometimes there might be manual condition price also. So it is not the Current price in condition record.

Hence I need to fetch the price directly from Condition Record Master data table passing the Material No/customer No combination.

In which table i can get this data. I tried A305 but no data.

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

what i think is in any table regarding line item key is document no, so u have to use document/record no for getting your result.

Thanks and Regards,

Deepaks

0 Kudos

any inputs friends?