cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sqlplus problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi All,

We tried to create a new system by manual unix copy method, on target i modified all the environment variables files in sidadm, orasid user's home directory and when i run env command i can see oracle_home etc. but still when i run sqlplus, it say no command.

Any clue ?

Thanks

Vinay Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

but still when i run sqlplus, it say no command.

>

Did you execute 'sqlplus' via sidadm or via orasid ?

Apart from ORACLE_HOME, are you done with 'PATH' settings for orasid and sidadm both ?

Did you try to execute 'sqlplus' from $ORACLE_HOME/bin ? 'bin' contains the sqlplus executable.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Thanks for prompt reply..

yes I'm able to execute sqlplus from bin path, so it means i need to rectify the variable PATH to include this full bin path?

Vinay Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

> yes I'm able to execute sqlplus from bin path, so it means i need to rectify the variable PATH to include this full bin path?

Exactly !

Better to compare all the environment variables with the Source system's 'env' (except the hostname, wherever needed).

Did you change SID ? If yes, then be sure to to keep the new SID while changing 'env' for PATH etc.

I guess you need to verify the same for 'sidadm' as well. Are you able to execute any SAP exe without navigating through /sapmnt/SID/exe ? Just compare everything with source of the copy.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Thanks again for reply, i will get back to you.

Vinay Kumar