cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDES ECC 6 Setup : sapinst and Oracle services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I 'm on SAP IDES ECC preparation steps (network conf, Win 2k3 DLLs update, SWAP, JDK...) when i get to oracle setup i followed the guide ( using the sapsrv.cmd, i entred the SID, the Disk drive of oracle....)

After the oracle setup finishes, theOracle Net Configuration Assistant didn't run and Oracle installation seemed to finish successfully,

In the guide they said if the Oracle Net Configuration Assistant run, i have to choose "Typical Installation", but it didn't run.

After this step, i moved to Oracle patching step even i felt that somehting is missing, but i don't know what,;

After that i went to Windows Services i noticed that there is no Oracle service there, because following the guide i have to stop Oracle Agent, oracle Lister and the MS TDC to patch oracle, Even that i Run Oracle Universal installer setup i have in the Oracle patch folder, it finished with Oracle Patch Set Successefelly installed message,

After That, i used sapinst to run preprequisites check process, for ABAP stack installation, it said that everything is OK,

i Run again the sapisnt, i noticed that there is no ABAP Central Instance Nodes in the sapinst first screen, it proposes only Dialog Instances,

So i thought about the step of Oracle, maybe sapinst didn't detect required installation of oracle ( missing services or Environment variables...),

Do sapinst really proposes installation nodes in it's first screen depending of what it detects in the machine?

How can i detect and i fix the problem, in order to continue the currend installation?

OS = Win 2003 SP2 English, 32bit,

DB= Oracle 10g

SAP System = SAP ECC IDES 6

Thank you in advance for your help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suspect the problem of missing Central Instance entry in SAPInst is due to your OS/hardware. Because irrespective of the Oracle installation issue, atleast the entry should come up. If issue, then SAPInst should report an issue during installation.

Entry itself not showing up is a different issue. Which Installation DVDs are you using for the IDES installation?

If the DVDs are based on Netweaver 7.0 SR3, then 32 bit platforms are not supported SR3 onwards for central instance installation. You need a 64 bit platform. Hence only dialog instance option is shown.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

First of all Thank you Srikishan for your answer,

I'm using SAP ERP 6 SR3 IDES, if this release is not working with 32bit, what IDES release yet available can i use for training environnment or something else you recommend?

Thank you

After my post i found this article, can i use it safely :

Edited by: NetMed on Jan 1, 2012 6:34 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you could safely follw the blog steps. As mentioned the Data from the IDES export would be platform independent. Just that you need an Installation program which is compatible to your hardware/OS. Downloading a 32-bit Installation Master having SAPInst and feeding it with the IDES Export DVDs should address your issue.

The Installation master DVD you need to download should be below SR3 release. It would show you the Central Instance installation option.

All the best

Regards,

Srikishan

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Netmed,

Please refer SAP Note 1244548 - IDES ERP 6.0 ECC 6.0 SR3 for installation on 32-bit OS.

For steps refer to section

32 bit / 64 bit Support:

Happy installations on 32-bit OS.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you,

I'll have look on it, try again with the new knowledge and give the feedback

Best Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I followed the previous note, it worked well, now i'm on post installation phase, i'm looking for notes related to post installation tasks, practices...

Thank you,

Answers (0)