cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Return

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want some suggestion from u experts on a return scenario where the quantity that the customer is greater than what had been delivered to him.

e.g. 100 qty was delivered to a customer and now the he is returning 120 qty.

In this case should we change the quantity in the return order from 100 to 120 and do PGR. Is it the right way to do.

Regards,

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friend,

Yes. It is possible.

Please find the below link

http://www.sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=65989&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Thanks

Dasaradha

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank u all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

PGR was happening in the above case but I wasnt able to give the customer credit for 120qty.

Then I created a copy control in VTFA for G2-RE. Now I can give customer the credit for 120 qty with reference to return order which is higher than the delivered quantity (100).

My issue is closed.

But Suggestions are welcome

Regards,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The customer is returning 120 qty where as 100 qty was delivered because same item was delivered to him earlier also. So he is combinely returning the goods.

I tried creating the return order with reference to sales order (100 qty) and changed the qty to 120, I didnt get any error. I did PGR also and checked the stock in MMBE where I could see 120 qty under returns.

Regards,

Ashish

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can club multiple billing documents into one return sale order.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible with standard SAP?

Ashish

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes in VA01 screen, after giving the return order type and sales area click on "Create with Reference" and further click on "BillDoc" tab so that system will ask for the corresponding billing document. Input the first billing document and execute. Again do the same process

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When we create returns order wrf to invoice we can control the quantity using variable message. But we can create multiple return orders and standard is not checking the quantity with invoice whether it is exceeded or not.

To control this you need to customize a copying routine of yourself by checking the returns quantity already booked and remaining which could be booked.

For Variable messages:

SPRO>S&D>Sales>Sales Documents>Define variable messages--> V4 229 Item &1: Order quantity (&2) greater than billed quantity (&3) - Fixed Value output category make it "Error Message" "E".

Regards,

Saju.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it may not possible to do with standard SAP , try to use USER EXITS with ABAPER help , It may help you to do further proceedings ,you can use the user exits

Program : MV45AFZZ

USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT

USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE

Thanks& Regards

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please elaberate under what circumstance that your customer need to return quantity more than its order quantity?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think you can enter the quantity greater than deliverd. However

In your case of delivered 100 quantity, make a return order of 100 and the rest you create return order with reference to previously created sales order. I never tried but i hope it should work.

Regards,

Jaydeep

former_member1229123
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the Exact business case can u please Eloberate. In normal returns process customer will return goods against sales order quantity which we have delivered .Eg: customer orders 100 Qty he may return 100 Qty . but it is not possible to return 120 Qty.

Thank you,

pranay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The customer is returning 120 qty where as 100 qty was delivered because same item was delivered to him earlier also. So he is combinely returning the goods.

I tried creating the return order with reference to sales order (100 qty) and changed the qty to 120, I didnt get any error. I did PGR also and checked the stock in MMBE where I could see 120 qty under returns.

Regards,

Ashish