cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.When we have Java/XSLT Mapping program, in that case we will assign that in Interface Mapping, in that case Message Mapping is not required?

2.What is the main difference of 'Test Tab' in Message Mapping & Interface Mapping?

3.When we have simple file to send to receiver system of Same structure.., What is the best method of approach using XI? Is Mapping program needed in this case?

Thanks

Seshu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>1.When we have Java/XSLT Mapping program, in that case we will assign that in Interface Mapping, in that case Message Mapping is not required?

Message Mapping not required

>>>>2.What is the main difference of 'Test Tab' in Message Mapping & Interface Mapping?

in message mapping you can only test

message mappings (not XSLT for example)

>>>>What is the best method of approach using XI? Is Mapping program needed in this case?

no no need for a mapping program

Regards,

michal

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In addition to Michal's reply

<i>1.When we have Java/XSLT Mapping program, in that case we will assign that in Interface Mapping, in that case Message Mapping is not required?</i>

Message mapping is one of the type of mapping like JAVA/XSLT/ABAP mapping. There are cases you can use Message Mapping as well as XSLT mapping. You have a "+" button in the interface mapping where you can give more than one mapping.

<i>2.What is the main difference of 'Test Tab' in Message Mapping & Interface Mapping?</i>

Test tab is the message mapping its clear you can test only Messgage mapping. Where as in Test tab of Interface mapping you can test other mappings as well. Also even if you have more than one kind of mapping.

<i>3.When we have simple file to send to receiver system of Same structure.., What is the best method of approach using XI? Is Mapping program needed in this case?</i>

Yes there is no need for a Message mapping and Interface mapping. During the interface determination you can leave interface mapping blank.

Thanks,

Prakash

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As everyone has said Message Mapping is only one of the techniques you can use for developing a Mapping Class (you can also use Java, XSLT or ABAP).

As for interface mapping, it refers to another class which will call the mapping methods created before (Message Mapping, Java, XSLT or ABAP).

So, either you test the method directly or you test the calling of the method.

The point is that, if you want to test the method directly, you need to test each mapping in their own IDE. So, for Java, use NWDS or Eclipse; for XSLT, use XMLSpy, MapForce or Stylus Studio; for ABAP, use SAPGui (I don't know exactly how to create ABAP Mappings); and for Message Mappings, you can use Integration Builder. 🐵

Regards,

Henrique.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

.<i>When we have simple file to send to receiver system of Same structure.., What is the best method of approach using XI? Is Mapping program needed in this case?</i>

1. Create a dummy datatype in yourt IR

2. Create a message type for the datatype

3. Create Inbound and Outbound interfaces referring to the message type of step 2.

4. No need for messge and intrerface mapping.

In the ID, create the sender and reciver file adapter , sender agreemeent , reciver agreement , receiver determination and interface determination as usual.

The only point is in your Interface determination , you need not mention any interafce mapping.

Regards,

Bhavesh