cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble fixing breakpoint

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello you all,

i have a little problem when i'm going to fix a breakpoint in a mvc bsp app, appears a error message in the tool bar that says= "breakpoint not fixed in (class) because an error in generation". Anyone knows what this means??. In other controllers i can fix breakpoints but in this one i cannot. Please Help!!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is the Controller Active?

Regards,

Maheswaran.B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need in addition a SAPGUI access to set breakpoints and debug code.

Regards

Srinivasan T

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

saraswathi_d
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Try with this procedure

The server node of your J2EE cluster must first be switched to debug mode before any debugging can take place

Debug Mode can be activated in two ways:

1.Switch debug mode on temporarily using the J2EE Engine view in the NetWeaver Developer Studio

2. Switch debug mode on permanently using the J2EE Visual Administrator.

Whichever way is chosen, the J2EE engine will need to be restarted for the configuration to take effect.

Setting a Breakpoint

Open the implementation page of any controller from a given application.

To do so, in the Web Dynpro Explorer, edit the Controller and go to the Implementation tab page.

The Editor displays the source code. Navigate to wdDoInit() method. Right-click on the marker bar (along the left edge of the editor area) frame next to line of code to open the context menu and choose Add Breakpoint. You can also double click in the marker bar to achieve the same results. The breakpoint lines are highlighted with a blue dot.

Extra:

You can also experiment with setting conditional breakpoints by setting the breakpoint properties from the context menu

Regards,

Saraswathi

Reward points if needful info.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, the controller was active and i was fixing the breakpoint in the code...so i was in the sapgui (obvious!!)...the problem was that a transport order that touch that controller passed with errors so the controller was indeed corrupt (FYI)...thanx anyway