cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outbound IDOC Not Visible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I'm a newbie here and looking for help please. I apologize if this question is not in the correct category.

I've looked and can'ty find and appropriate answer to my issue.

I'm trying to get an invoice IDOC sent from SAP to a PC server. The file port is setup in WE21 with the full path on the PC and the filename to be created. My problem is I can't see the file on the PC.

If I look at AL11 in SAP I can see the newly created file on the PC's directory path. However, for some reason the file is not visible on the PC.

Any help will surely be appreciated.

Thank you,

Calvin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Welcome to SCN forums and a very happy new year to you!

Perhaps your application server is also a Windows based system and the path you are looking in AL11 is existing both on your application server and PC? So actually the file may be downloading to the application server and not your PC.

I don't think you can download an IDoc to your PC directly as the IDoc is downloaded by the system asynchronously and not in foreground. The system executes the IDoc download in a separate session other than your user session, so a path on your PC won't be accessible to the work process that is downloading the IDoc. I am talking about the standard IDoc file port interface where only application server paths can be defined (and not foreground user PC paths)

former_member1115366
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Welcome to the forum. IDoc administration is tough to pigeonhole into one of these forums. Perhaps the Data Transfers forum under ABAP Development would be a better place.

Nevertheless, letu2019s deal with your question.

In WE21, have you used the Access Test to validate SAPu2019s access to the target directory?

What is the status of your IDoc?

u2022 Status 02 means you have problems getting through the port.

u2022 Status 03 means it has been passed to the target directory successfully. If you look at the status record of the IDoc (using WE02), the message should give you the directory path and file name that was used.

u2022 Status 30 means that it has not been exported from SAP, in which case you should execute WE14 to send the IDoc on its way.

Other statuses are possible. Just check the message in the status record for details.

If you have a status 03 message that identifies the path/file you expected and still cannot see the output file in the target directory, then check with your network folks to see if there is some polling and file transfer mechanism going on outside of SAP. Or enlist additional help.

Happy hunting!

zKen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Thanks for the response.

Yes, the test validation in WE21 was successful.

The IDOC is in status 03.

I had checkked with Basis and networking folks but they don't see an issue. Perhaps I'll ask again and this time I'll be specific about polling.

Thanks.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
The IDOC is in status 03

May be you can try executing manually via BD87 where system will show what exact the issue is

G. Lakshmipathi